Subject: "CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72468
Show all folders

ArtificialTue 19-Feb-19 07:04 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72468, "CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos)"
Edited on Tue 19-Feb-19 07:10 PM

So I preface by saying I haven't played for awhile. I'd like to play bard again but when I see that I'd be level sitting for an eternity to try to get enough kills to get daunting again because of the low playerbase I give up. That sort of thing.

So what I would like to propose is that instead of continuing on the same path in order to continue adhering to class balance and keeping conservative with changes, I propose we flicker brightly by shaking things up.

Because god knows my favorite thing in CF is getting rewards (isn't it everyone's?) and the fact that RP is the best when there's a PK framework.

Give us an Age of Heroes. Give us lots of warriors with 3 or 4 legacies, lots of quest forms, random spells given out frequently for even a hint of RP, like azatodeths cloud and stuff. Upgraded familiars could just be something you expect, and greater summoning could be something in reach, or what could be striven for. Those badass weapons like that whip the fire AP got should be given out, maybe just temporarily, to be returned with a certain number of souls.

If everyone is OP, or can become so, then it gives everyone a reason to log in and play, rather than just doing another assassin. Maybe if you're fun and engaging you can be an assassin with a Virtue.

Yeah, it won't be balanced. But are we playing this game for a perfectly balanced experience or are we playing for a game where people are invested in living breathing characters, striving for greatness? Where the gods are real, and they bestow gifts as well as take them away?

And if you take down Mr. 4 legacy warrior you bet your god will give you a cool reward. Or maybe he gives you said reward before the fight that allows you to win. but if you don't win despite said gift you get punished. Easy come easy go.

That's fun for me. And I'm willing to bet it would be for others. And I beg of you to take at least a step down this road instead of keeping the status quo. It would make me come back, and I'd be willing to bet others would come back for an age of heroes too.

Yeah it could be an arms race. Yeah, whiny bitches are gonna cry when they get something taken away, or someone else gets something cool. But #### them, let everyone else have fun and they can quit.

I even have a story for it!

Edit: also just double the speed of skill gains, what have we got to lose by doing this?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos) [View all] , Artificial, Tue 19-Feb-19 07:04 PM
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), incognito, 20-Feb-19 08:00 AM, #3
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), Ishuli, 19-Feb-19 10:25 PM, #2
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), TheBluestThumb, 20-Feb-19 12:43 PM, #4
Reply RE: CF needs an Age of Heroes (or Age of Chaos), Ishuli, 20-Feb-19 01:47 PM, #5
Reply Daunting is BS, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 07:46 AM, #6
Reply it wasn't made for you, Dallevian, 21-Feb-19 08:58 AM, #8
Reply RE: it wasn't made for you, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 09:26 AM, #9
     Reply I played Nerif, Artificial, 21-Feb-19 03:02 PM, #10
     Reply no edge list for Dyneli, Dallevian, 21-Feb-19 03:50 PM, #11
Reply I feel your pain, Korsgaard, 23-Feb-19 11:07 PM, #13
Reply It should be much more often, Artificial, 23-Feb-19 08:37 PM, #12
     Reply If your character isn't special..., Lhydia, 24-Feb-19 08:19 AM, #14
Reply Story for the age, Artificial, 19-Feb-19 07:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Story for the age, lasentia, 21-Feb-19 07:55 AM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72468 Previous topic | Next topic