Subject: "Having done it at least once.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72317
Show all folders

JavaFri 28-Dec-18 11:47 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1054 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#72333, "Having done it at least once.."

I'd say yes.

In that I enjoy playing a role. Sometimes that means doing something stupid or annoying, because that's what my character would do.

Now here's where I almost agree with you: The formulaic response "write note, be emo with Aurew, collect X amount of coins for the victim" can be pretty boring (except the Aurew part at least). But that's only one option, it isn't the only one.

What would your character do? Maybe he'd go to the Inn and get absolutely sloshed, then go on a drunken killing spree first, burying his axe in every red aura he saw. Or maybe he'd lay down his weapons indefinitely and take up a life of peace. None of that really matters. The important thing is that you play a character that actually responds to his own actions. And good people killing other good people, even on accident, is a pretty traumatic event. If you shrug it off, you're probably not as good as you think you are.

PS. Other people are playing characters too. You can't expect them to abandon their own role because you don't want to really play yours.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicUnrestrained.castigation of equines in goodie kills as ... [View all] , Jaegendar, Thu 27-Dec-18 02:48 PM
Reply RE: Unrestrained.castigation of equines in goodie kills..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 28-Dec-18 04:20 PM, #18
Reply Add it to your role and deal with it IC?, Marcus_, 28-Dec-18 08:30 AM, #8
Reply You're a Korsgaard follower, Kstatida, 28-Dec-18 08:18 AM, #7
Reply RE: Unrestrained.castigation of equines in goodie kills..., Jhyrbian, 27-Dec-18 03:38 PM, #3
Reply This is a terrible story, Java, 27-Dec-18 03:00 PM, #1
     Reply Define terrible., Jaegendar, 27-Dec-18 03:26 PM, #2
          Reply Because.., Java, 27-Dec-18 03:40 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Because.., Jaegendar, 27-Dec-18 03:43 PM, #5
                    Reply Sorry, I lied. I actually do know the fix., Java, 27-Dec-18 04:04 PM, #6
                         Reply There is the threat of being delayed from Maran for a c..., JohnEveryMan, 28-Dec-18 09:02 AM, #9
                              Reply You're still making stuff up, Java, 28-Dec-18 09:32 AM, #10
                                   Reply Oh right meant to post this from my Jaegandaer acc, JohnEveryMan, 28-Dec-18 11:31 AM, #11
                                        Reply Having done it at least once.., Java, 28-Dec-18 11:47 AM #12
                                             Reply Emo is clearly the most effective and expedient route, JohnEveryMan, 28-Dec-18 12:35 PM, #13
                                             Reply Clearly. Based on.. your preconceptions and literally n..., Java, 28-Dec-18 03:42 PM, #15
                                                  Reply So you're arguing against annecdotal evidence with anne..., JohnEveryMan, 28-Dec-18 04:18 PM, #17
                                                       Reply He deleted despite having absolutely no consequences. H..., Java, 28-Dec-18 04:39 PM, #19
                                             Reply Roles are the fun of CF, lasentia, 28-Dec-18 03:16 PM, #14
                                                  Reply I don't disagree with anything you said., JohnEveryMan, 28-Dec-18 04:12 PM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72317 Previous topic | Next topic