Subject: "Coding, Bug Fixes, Immorting, Semi-Open Sourcing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72098
Show all folders

RelioSat 17-Nov-18 02:24 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2014
246 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72098, "Coding, Bug Fixes, Immorting, Semi-Open Sourcing"

This post is not meant to be a dig on the imm staff.

The players notice that there isn't much coding being done. I think we're pretty much okay without new stuff going in, but the lack of bug fixing is pretty noticeable. I think the sane and sensible among us fully understand that Umiron and Scarab are just people with other responsibilities and that interest in coding for CF is probably something that comes and goes.

I'd like to suggest that you consider taking on coder volunteers from the player base who do not want an immortal character but would like to lend their services to the game. I understand that the code is so heavily modified as to be completely jacked up and that the learning curve is steep. I think it's still worth trying.

We're a dwindling crew aboard this vessel. I don't know that we should go fully open source, but it's probably wise to start taking help wherever we can get it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicCoding, Bug Fixes, Immorting, Semi-Open Sourcing [View all] , Relio, Sat 17-Nov-18 02:24 PM
Reply I am pretty sure bug fixing is not as easy as you think..., SPN, 17-Nov-18 09:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: I am pretty sure bug fixing is not as easy as you t..., Relio, 17-Nov-18 09:26 PM, #4
Reply What is semi open source? nt, Marcus_, 17-Nov-18 04:41 PM, #2
Reply RE: Coding, Bug Fixes, Immorting, Semi-Open Sourcing, Thaedan (Anonymous), 17-Nov-18 04:39 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72098 Previous topic | Next topic