Subject: "RE: Idea for Trib" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72082
Show all folders

Screlpth (Anonymous)Sun 18-Nov-18 12:44 AM
Charter member
#72105, "RE: Idea for Trib"

I like the idea of the Tribunal cabal... As it sits its really not that fun to play, most people would agree. Some of is due to imbalances in the pvp system. Sometimes it requires the player base to break laws to create some action. Or its just setup kinda wonky with the current player base size...

My other gripe is after 630 hours between two tribunal characters and roughly 8-9 months time. I've never seen a new justiciar or Vindicator while "I" "had an active" "tribunal" character. There wasn't much of a gap in there... Might as well just get rid of that stuff.

I think the cabal would be a lot more fun for the players if it were structured more like the other cabals(battle, fortress and outlander). At time of induction you chose one of two roles for your character. Chose a name of your choice but for now I will say Justiciar/provincial and Vindicators/bounty hunters. Each group should have 2 leaders, 4 total. Same amount that the cabal currently has.

I see a lot of players who just want to patrol towns. I see others who want to be vindicators but fail to ever get there... Why make it so hard, it sorta isn't but some classes suck more then others for pvp... Just make it a fun choice from the beginning. Its no different then choosing zerker or defender. MAran and the other weirdo fortress people nobody ever plays but aurew...(Aurew is awesome ).

Maybe you could impose alignment/class restrictions for each group. Good/neutral for justiciar/provincials and neutral/evil for vindicator/bounty hunters.

Justiciar/provincial whatever is basically no different then the current magistrates. Except they can patrol "any" city under tribunal jurisdiction, (player base is too small for specific locations per magistrate.) They also take on some of the current justiciar powers to help them patrol a larger area. they retain use of the tribunal pillars for transporting between cities.

Level 10 - Confiscate
Level 10 - Safeguard
Level 10 - Wanted
Level 12 - Judge
Level 15 - Guard Call
Level 15 - Vigilance
Level 16 - Informant
Level 20 - Manacles
Level 35 - Deputize
level 35 - Inquisition
Level 40 - Justiciar Network

These could be imm rewards for doing a good job, hours logged or roleplaying an epic make out session with ishuli:
Level 20 - Justiciar Badge
Level 45 - Conscription

Vindicator/bounty hunter: These guys focus on hunting criminals outside of towns, fighting cabal wars etc just as they do now. Its just something people can chose at induction time. They have a small semi #### skill list that is only meant for hunting criminals. They lose use of the tribunal pillars. They can't enter other guilds unless there is a criminal in there.

Their guards being the one thing that makes em cool.

Guard call for vindicators should be adjusted to make it more unique. Yes the current vindicator guards are slightly more unique due to them leaving towns. Seeing non warrior guards is what I am getting at. Maybe each town could offer a specific type of guard other then warriors types. These could also be imm awarded or something to. Who knows. Throwing #### out there Tribunals are comprised of people from every guild, so it would seem fitting that guards could come from other guilds sides warrior.

Level 15 - Guard Call +1 standard guard (1 total)
Level 25 - Guard Call +1 standard guard (2 total)
Level 30 - Blood Trail
Level 35 - Bloody Shackles
Level 35 - Guard Call +1 unique...mage, cleric non warrior guard (1 unique, 1 standard...2 total guards)
Level 40 - Vindicator Network
Level 45 - Guard Call +1 unique...mage, cleric non warrior guard (2 unique guards possible, 2 guards total.)

Imm rewarded power:
Level 20 - Vindicator Insignia
Level 45 - Stalker yes bring back stalkers...that was a thing yes? I can't remember.

justiciar/provincials get paid for being on duty like they currently are. Vindicator/bounty hunters only get paid for killing criminals. 100 gold a kill or something, some level based value etc..

Justi's/provi's can only raid baron and outlander. Vindi hunters can raid any cabal and not lose powers.

Side note:

Justiciar and vindicator network...

They level of fun that was added with justiciar and vindicator network was rather interesting. It amplified my love of the cabal by 500% as provost. I would assume any other tribunal player would have the same fun experience with it to. Its unfortunate most people will never experience it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicIdea for Trib [View all] , TheBluestThumb, Fri 16-Nov-18 12:40 PM
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:21 AM, #8
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:25 AM, #9
Reply If you go that way, laxman, 17-Nov-18 01:13 PM, #12
     Reply That's a neat idea., Relio, 17-Nov-18 02:09 PM, #13
          Reply Yeah replace boring Trib Rp with boring CTF, JohnEveryMan, 18-Nov-18 01:48 PM, #16
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Thaedan (Anonymous), 17-Nov-18 04:35 PM, #14
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Screlpth (Anonymous), 18-Nov-18 12:44 AM #15
Reply Appreciate the responses and feedback, especially from ..., TheBluestThumb, 17-Nov-18 06:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, Destuvius, 17-Nov-18 05:53 AM, #5
Reply After the outlanders burn Arkham to the ground, Kstatida, 19-Nov-18 09:41 AM, #17
Reply Jade Mountains! Full circle! :), ice king, 23-Nov-18 02:30 PM, #18
Reply RE: Idea for Trib, serial trib (Anonymous), 16-Nov-18 03:12 PM, #2
Reply This speaks to me., Ishuli, 16-Nov-18 03:25 PM, #3
     Reply not strange at all, Dallevian, 16-Nov-18 10:18 PM, #4
          Reply Yeah, Calion, 17-Nov-18 08:47 AM, #7
          Reply RE: Yeah, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:36 AM, #11
          Reply RE: not strange at all, Ilyana, 17-Nov-18 10:30 AM, #10
Reply I dig this idea. N/T, Wasted, 16-Nov-18 01:38 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #72082 Previous topic | Next topic