Subject: "I hit on what I could, but I feel like I'm missing something." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71939
Show all folders

IshuliFri 02-Nov-18 11:35 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71944, "I hit on what I could, but I feel like I'm missing something."
Edited on Fri 02-Nov-18 11:43 AM

I logged somewhere between 200-300 hours over the last month. Get on my level .

1) Not so great. I was the one aiming to run orc stuff, pretty much single-handedly, and I got no orcs. I managed to interact with the 1 or 2 orcs a few times, but that was about it. As of now there is still only one orc over 35. Nobody really rolled up for the month, and you can’t have an Orctober without orcs. I don’t understand what the second half of your post has anything to do with Orctober?

2) Feel free to look and see the attempted communications as of late. So again, I don’t really know what you’re talking about. I don’t expect official forums to be as active as unofficial ones. My private game chats tend to be a lot more active than any game’s official forums, but that’s just my experience, since folks are talkative in chatroom format more-so than forums. We haven’t shut down conversations or deleted posts much lately at all. The trend is, if anything, towards the opposite. So again I don’t really get what you’re talking about (maybe it’s because you haven’t been paying attention I guess? But it sure makes it feel like any efforts I have towards that end are lost. Either way, I’ll keep going).

3) I don’t view it as a love it or leave it thing. But I’m also not willing to sacrifice the game to try and please everyone. I don’t expect to make everyone happy, so I just focus on playing the game and trying to make it fun .

4) Any player can have input on changes. I go out of my way to read every single post made. Anyone can also kick ass and apply to become part of staff. I’ve done it, and I’ve seen a number of others do it. If you’ve got a history of denies or something similar that makes it tough, then roll a series of serious characters that shows your behavior has changed. Dedication (my sphere!) is worth a lot. As per applications, we bother to look through each and every one pretty seriously (at least since I have been around). I know saying “Trust me!” isn’t something I expect you to buy, but I haven’t seen anyone not get a serious look when applying. Player ideas can be implemented. Not all player ideas are mechanical. Someone saying “There should be an event like X!” – and I can potentially run said event, and said event seems fun? I’ll do it. Not all suggestions are equal. Someone saying “CF should have guns!” has a different input value and potential success than someone saying “There should be a monthly X event!”. Not everything in CF revolves around changing code, and I learned that pretty quickly when I joined the staff. I think it’s a big loss if you can only focus on that. But code stuff CAN change. How likely? I can’t even tell you that, I imagine it’s about how appealing the idea is to the codey folks. But I can tell you that’s not my focus at all when it comes to the game. But hey! Recently we updated the website, helpfiles, and some other fun jazzy stuff. So there is always progress .

5) I’m not really sure what the Runescape stuff is about, but I’m probably just a dummy who is missing the point or something. But I’m always game to get more players. One of the big incentives is people playing. So if you’re willing to make that change with me, log in and let’s have some fun!

As to Hell, I don’t personally blame the playerbase at large or anything like that. The area was closed as per the reasons Scarab outlined in his post. That is why, no other reason. He was up front about him, so give him credit for that.

I’m happy when people enjoy the npcs I spent time on, and I’m happy when they don’t. I enjoy interacting with players and, ideally, playing the game together. It’s good stuff.

(Edited to cut some of my Aquinas #### since I ended up rambling)
As to Aquinas, he never said anything like that which I’m aware of. I’m familiar that in Summa he talks about the nature of ideas in relation to divine wisdom, in his commentary on Aristotle’s ‘On Memory’ he talks about the nature of relation between images and depictions, and in the third question of ‘Ideas’ in Veritate that he definitely talks about the relationship between an artist and the product (“Now, what imitates a form by chance is not said to be formed according to that form, because according to seems to imply direction to an end”). The whole purpose being to argue about the three meanings of form (that from which a thing gets its form, that by which a thing is informed, that according to which a thing is informed).

If Aquinas did say that somewhere though, please link!

All in all, I’m not really sure where you’re coming from given the current state of things. Orctober didn’t go great, dialogue has been ongoing, people can stay or leave as they want (and enjoy the aspects of the game that they do enjoy), everyone can have input, and if you want to improve the game – then play the game. At least I think that’s a decent short summary of the insane amount of crap I wrote above?

Thanks for the post!

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicClosing out Orctober. [View all] , Tac, Fri 02-Nov-18 10:27 AM
Reply persecution, Scarabaeus, 06-Nov-18 05:45 AM, #34
Reply Wohoo all dead souls go to heaven now!?!? nt, Marcus_, 06-Nov-18 07:41 AM, #36
Reply With the 7 Heavens closed, they go to /dev/null n/t, Scarabaeus, 06-Nov-18 08:13 AM, #37
     Reply I have an idea for a TV show.. Better call Zorzsaul, Marcus_, 08-Nov-18 08:45 AM, #50
Reply RE: persecution, Tac, 06-Nov-18 10:15 AM, #38
Reply Not all responses are a full on discussion., ice king, 06-Nov-18 10:35 AM, #39
     Reply I wasn't asking for a discussion either?, Tac, 06-Nov-18 10:37 AM, #40
          Reply "Equally so? Probably not" yet you still go at it., ice king, 06-Nov-18 10:42 AM, #42
               Reply Go at it?, Tac, 06-Nov-18 11:19 AM, #43
                    Reply RE: Go at it?, ice king, 06-Nov-18 11:53 AM, #44
                    Reply RE: Go at it?, JohnEveryMan, 06-Nov-18 12:24 PM, #45
Reply Tac is on a negative nancy kick., ice king, 06-Nov-18 10:41 AM, #41
Reply hey bud, Dallevian, 06-Nov-18 03:35 PM, #46
Reply Orctober, was this you or another CF player?, KoeKhaos, 03-Nov-18 07:01 PM, #31
Reply Totaly agree., vorian, 02-Nov-18 09:12 PM, #19
Reply RE: Totaly agree., Ishuli, 02-Nov-18 09:29 PM, #20
Reply RE: Totaly agree., Saagkri, 03-Nov-18 01:11 AM, #22
     Reply RE: Totaly agree., Ishuli, 03-Nov-18 09:14 AM, #25
Reply RE: Totaly agree., Rahsael, 03-Nov-18 01:50 PM, #27
Reply Apologies..., vorian, 03-Nov-18 02:50 PM, #29
Reply RE: Closing out Orctober., Not An Imm, 02-Nov-18 02:59 PM, #16
Reply RE: Closing out Orctober., Ishuli, 02-Nov-18 03:06 PM, #17
Reply Speaking about other games, Marcus_, 04-Nov-18 12:47 PM, #32
Reply Great video, Kstatida, 02-Nov-18 02:12 PM, #13
Reply games are social, Dallevian, 02-Nov-18 01:14 PM, #10
Reply I really like some of the points in here..., Tac, 05-Nov-18 10:11 AM, #33
Reply The replies are interesting, Saagkri, 02-Nov-18 12:51 PM, #6
Reply RE: The replies are interesting, Ishuli, 02-Nov-18 01:00 PM, #8
Reply RE: The replies are interesting, Saagkri, 02-Nov-18 01:39 PM, #11
Reply Some input, robdarken_, 02-Nov-18 01:57 PM, #12
Reply RE: Some input, Saagkri, 03-Nov-18 01:04 AM, #21
Reply the unexpected, Scarabaeus, 06-Nov-18 06:57 AM, #35
     Reply RE: the unexpected, Saagkri, 06-Nov-18 05:00 PM, #49
Reply Didn't expect us to be on the same page here, incognito, 06-Nov-18 03:57 PM, #47
Reply Forgot to revert before doing the restore., Murphy, 02-Nov-18 08:46 PM, #18
Reply RE: The replies are interesting, Jormyr, 03-Nov-18 03:22 PM, #30
     Reply I didn't know you had a toddler, Saagkri, 06-Nov-18 04:48 PM, #48
Reply I hit on what I could, but I feel like I'm missing some..., Ishuli, 02-Nov-18 11:43 AM #5
Reply RE: I hit on what I could, but I feel like I'm missing ..., Tac, 02-Nov-18 12:58 PM, #7
     Reply RE: I hit on what I could, but I feel like I'm missing ..., Ishuli, 02-Nov-18 01:06 PM, #9
Reply Look, Rogos (Anonymous), 02-Nov-18 11:34 AM, #4
Reply less time, less patience, Kstatida, 02-Nov-18 02:23 PM, #14
     Reply RE: less time, less patience, Rogos (Anonymous), 02-Nov-18 02:50 PM, #15
          Reply Edges are in a fairly good place now., Oh hi! (Anonymous), 03-Nov-18 01:16 AM, #23
               Reply Blah blah blah they are not. (n/t), Murphy, 03-Nov-18 02:51 AM, #24
               Reply RE: Edges are in a fairly good place now., Rogos (Anonymous), 03-Nov-18 11:17 AM, #26
               Reply Roles also don't have to be novels., Jormyr, 03-Nov-18 02:35 PM, #28
Reply RE: Closing out Orctober., robdarken_, 02-Nov-18 10:57 AM, #2
Reply These posts are getting exhausting, sheesh, Mcbeth, 02-Nov-18 11:15 AM, #3
Reply I don't know about Discord., JohnEveryMan, 02-Nov-18 10:44 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71939 Previous topic | Next topic