Subject: "Edge Idea (is the right way to throw such things out?)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71497
Show all folders

IrishMidnightSun 23-Sep-18 07:43 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71497, "Edge Idea (is the right way to throw such things out?)"

You'd think I'd know after 25 years...

Name: Call Prismatic Lightning (or suggestions welcome) OR Bolt of Para-elemental augmentation (***)

Possible Prereq: Lodestone Lightning

Game Desc: Those proficient enough to have mastered lightning to seek out the nature of metallic materials, can further their mastery. It is rumored that the bolt can and will seek out materials of the elements as well now.

Actual Explanation: I'm thinking this would apply to items formed of water, lightning and maybe more with lesser ranged affects.

(I like things that can add a lot of "flavor" to a skill, and I think edges could really make that shine even if potentially toned down for some skills, so that edge points could be handed out more)

Affects Explained: Depending on where items are worn AND the type of material could potentially have various affects/echoes. A weapon made of lightning OR hitting with a lightning type could basically break it or potentially disarm at least. Or perhaps items worn on the sleeves/wrists could have a possible disarm affect... other things I envision could be just -1 stat mods, maybe it lasts until a person removes the item and rewears it. The main thought here is just the foundation - I figure anyone creative and understanding the code for balance-sake could really run with it.

Echoes could be really fun depending on what additional element the lightning strikes... the listed water, lightning, but perhaps ice, air, etc. Like air could cause the lightning to live inside it for a tick or something doing small lightning damage. Sorry, now I'm rambling.

Thoughts?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEdge Idea (is the right way to throw such things out?) [View all] , IrishMidnight, Sun 23-Sep-18 07:43 PM
Reply If success rate on quicksand preventing fleeing is tone..., incognito, 24-Sep-18 02:25 AM, #1
     Reply OR, IrishMidnight, 24-Sep-18 04:09 AM, #2
          Reply RE: OR, incognito, 24-Sep-18 07:20 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71497 Previous topic | Next topic