Subject: "Question on limited preps" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71425
Show all folders

CointreauThu 23-Aug-18 07:37 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71425, "Question on limited preps"

I have never really been a huge prepper (although I will admit I'm learning with my latest). Beyond the basic stuff such as enlarge, fly, protect vs. good/evil, etc.

However I am noticing something with all the Drissa logs being posted and some of the commentary. It seems that every time Drissa used a limited prep, the moment the fight was over she was off to collect it again.

This seemed like a really unfair advantage, as not only does it give that particular player a theoretically unlimited source of powerful preps (shield, aura, etc) but it also denies other players using it too.

This only compounds the strength players find from powerful limited gear, as typically whilst gear is limited, you can overcome this to a degree by prepping more against these stronger players. However in this case it is difficult as often this well geared played will have a bit of a monopoly over certains preps too.
What's worse, is they don't necessarily have to save it for special fights, they can use it all the time and simply grab it again after.

Now admittedly I am a bit naive here (I historically have played a lot of Villagers), so I may be wrong, but should certain preps have a randomised timer as to when they re-pop? Should there be weak "sleek-like" system in place for non Mages?

Interested to hear other people's thoughts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicQuestion on limited preps [View all] , Cointreau, Thu 23-Aug-18 07:37 PM
Reply Use that knowledge, Saagkri, 24-Aug-18 09:14 AM, #5
Reply Dancing around the limited preps, Kstatida, 24-Aug-18 03:58 AM, #4
Reply Already exists on some, laxman, 23-Aug-18 08:52 PM, #2
Reply RE: Question on limited preps, Jarmel, 23-Aug-18 07:58 PM, #1
     Reply This, Illanthos, 23-Aug-18 09:46 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71425 Previous topic | Next topic