Subject: "Event Summary: The Rogue Maran" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71326
Show all folders

RahsaelThu 26-Jul-18 10:39 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71326, "Event Summary: The Rogue Maran"
Edited on Thu 26-Jul-18 10:45 PM

Here is a summary of today's adventure!

Don't want to miss the next one? Keep up with our event calendar! Here's a link: https://goo.gl/2U7AwU

You can add this to your personal calendar if you're interested in keeping up with scheduled CF events.

Don't have a Google account? View here: https://goo.gl/3Yv5XE

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

An extremist storm giant, wielding weapons of the Maran, had been preaching that anyone of the Light who would defend an evildoer is also guilty of moral crimes. Guards and law-abiding citizens should therefore be executed, he argued.

The giant, a fearsome fighter named Dalthan the Bloody, tried to convert some of the Fortress to his beliefs. The attempts failed, so he went on a rampage to prove his point.

Quest begins: Screaming erupts from Voralian City as a bloody giant carves his way through the force of peacekeepers.

The Fortress and Blood Tribunal (along with a Herald and a certain Entropist) rushed to the city of Light, presumably to put an end to the violence. Those of the Fortress tried to talk him out of his rampage, but when he continued, they resorted to violence themselves to chase him away.

An uneasy order restored to the city, the peacekeeper commander of Voralian City began investigating the massacre of his guards. He connected them to threats to the Spire and the leaders of Voralian City and Darsylon - clocks marked with a phoenix, hinting that their time was up.

The Fortress and Tribunals split up to guard Dalthan's potential targets, foiling his attempts to assassinate Jolinar and Lord Danellaran.

Finally, he moved to mount an assault on the Spire. Stopped yet again by the Maran -- whom he considered betrayers to the cause -- and the Tribunals, he sold his soul to the fiends of Hell, calling it a sacrifice to ultimately strengthen the Light.

Armed with newfound dark sorcery, he met the Maran and Tribunals head-on on the streets of Galadon, felling Eisadis and bringing the rest of those who fought them to death's door before he finally succumbed to his wounds, convinced to the end of the righteousness of his fell cause.

Special thanks to the participants:

Merelith
Eisadis
Drissa
Gilversplitz
Rinkin
Rilaer
... and the opportunists Jenno and Farrahna, who used the chaos to prey upon the heroes of this tale! (Apologies to anyone I missed. I only have a partial log due to a technical hiccup mid-event!)

Another event will be scheduled soon. I'd like to spread out the love, so feel free to request a general time or day of the week that would work for you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEvent Summary: The Rogue Maran [View all] , Rahsael, Thu 26-Jul-18 10:39 PM
Reply A new event has been scheduled., Rahsael, 04-Aug-18 03:08 PM, #3
Reply RE: A new event has been scheduled., Polmier (Anonymous), 07-Aug-18 02:17 PM, #4
Reply Forgot me, Tiran and and someone else I think. That sai..., Karvesh (Anonymous), 27-Jul-18 06:43 AM, #1
     Reply Yes! Thank you two as well! , Rahsael, 27-Jul-18 11:30 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71326 Previous topic | Next topic