Subject: "Wrath tweak suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71093
Show all folders

CalionMon 02-Jul-18 10:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71093, "Wrath tweak suggestion"

I think the problem with old 1 rnd wrath was mostly in the midranks, where it did too much damage too fast. Changing it to 2 rnds seems to have been too harsh especially for shield dedicants, which look rather bland and unpopular now. So I'd propose the following tweaks, which I think would make the skill better balanced for both the paladin (more useful/tactical) and her enemies (less damage potential):

Wrath:

- 1 rnd lag when communed at L51 (i.e. we won't have any unempowered wrath monkeys running around, as they commune at -1 level)
- If/when the victim gets the cursed 'wrath' affect, they get less damage from any subsequent wraths as "already suffering from the wrath of a god", say maybe ~66...75% of normal at L51, and with a smaller reduction below L51 (so that 2 rnd wrath doesn't become useless after the 'wrath' affect)

Possible additional options:

1. Also require the skill to be at 100% for 1 rnd lag
2. Maybe tweak the overall (normal) wrath damage down slightly
3. Or even make it 1 rnd at any level (at 100%), but also always apply the 'already wrathed' damage reduction fully (I'd likely include point 2 above, if this was done)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWrath tweak suggestion [View all] , Calion, Mon 02-Jul-18 10:33 AM
Reply Wrath isn't the issue to me: Some thread hijack ..., Itham, 04-Jul-18 02:42 AM, #9
Reply You could..., Relio, 03-Jul-18 04:28 PM, #7
Reply RE: Wrath tweak suggestion, robdarken_, 03-Jul-18 03:30 PM, #6
Reply I think wrath is in a good place right now, Drissa (Anonymous), 03-Jul-18 10:19 AM, #3
Reply RE: I think wrath is in a good place right now, Jhyrbian, 03-Jul-18 10:23 AM, #4
Reply RE: I think wrath is in a good place right now, Calion, 03-Jul-18 11:39 AM, #5
Reply Out of curiosity, why do you post as your active char?, Cointreau, 03-Jul-18 05:29 PM, #8
Reply RE: Wrath tweak suggestion, incognito, 03-Jul-18 08:01 AM, #2
Reply I support this. Nt, jalbrin, 02-Jul-18 06:11 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #71093 Previous topic | Next topic