Subject: "Auto-log and post feature." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69778
Show all folders

DallevianSat 20-Jan-18 07:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69778, "Auto-log and post feature."

Ok guys, here's an idea I haven't seen debated before.

What makes qhcf have such consistent daily active users? Log board.

What makes vets return to CF after time away, drawing them in like the call of the void? Log board.

What if CF built an auto-log and post to forum feature?

There could be a toggle, either at character creation or anytime after in the 'auto' settings, that allows a log and post of pk fights. Logs are only posted when both people have the config set to 'Y'.

It could either be point-of-view or similar to the arena display (I prefer pov). The log begins when one pc murders another, and if no one dies after 24 ticks then the log ends logging and is purged. If someone dies, then the log ends with that killing blow. I know, it gets weird with group fights, but we can hash that out later after we build the MVP.

I'd happily share my multitude of ridiculous deaths because it keeps the playerbase engaged.

And also, screw secrecy (boohoo Jalim, everyone knows your dwarf rager's legacy).

Someone has already figured out how to build with APIs, so, let's expand on that. Get a microserver in AWS ($6 a month) and start sending logs to the forum software. (Ha, that easy...)

Thoughts?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAuto-log and post feature. [View all] , Dallevian, Sat 20-Jan-18 07:58 PM
Reply Not a fan.., SPN, 26-Jan-18 12:14 PM, #5
Reply I see your point..., Saagkri, 26-Jan-18 05:53 PM, #6
Reply It would be trivial to filter out, Sertius, 27-Jan-18 03:35 AM, #7
Reply Players can implement this with mud plugins, no need to..., -flso, 25-Jan-18 09:07 PM, #4
Reply Me likie nt, Saagkri, 21-Jan-18 05:34 PM, #3
Reply Fully supported!, Kstatida, 21-Jan-18 02:48 PM, #2
Reply I completely support this, for what its worth. I don't ..., TheShamanman, 20-Jan-18 08:30 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69778 Previous topic | Next topic