Subject: "On a philosophical level..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69674
Show all folders

RahsaelSun 07-Jan-18 12:53 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69677, "On a philosophical level..."

...uninductions are never OOC punishments. They don't "ruin" a character. They're completely IC, and, for the most part, completely reversible.

When I see a character get booted from a cabal, demoted, anathematized, etc., I always hope they'll use it as an opportunity to grow their character or take it in a new direction. If you get fired from your job, the answer isn't suicide - it's change or redemption.

A Fort member's slip toward darkness and journey to redemption could be incredibly fun to roleplay, and lend a ton of flavor to a character that might otherwise just be standard. An Outlander booted for hanging with orcs could take the opportunity to study orcish society and decide it's actually great, and become an advocate for it. Or maybe they'll spend some time with orcs and realize what abominations they are, and come back to the Ancients with even firmer beliefs.

I know there are going to be people arguing that it does ruin a character, or that it isn't fun to try to roll with an uninduction. I'd argue that it isn't fun because most people take it personally, hate the loss of powers they've come to rely on, and refuse to try to have fun with it. So they end up deleting instead, which I think is a huge waste of an opportunity to do something really memorable.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicVisible immortal comments [View all] , Jaegendar, Sun 07-Jan-18 03:00 AM
Reply On a philosophical level..., Rahsael, 07-Jan-18 12:53 PM #2
Reply RE: On a philosophical level..., Kstatida, 07-Jan-18 03:26 PM, #3
     Reply RE: On a philosophical level..., Rahsael, 07-Jan-18 05:25 PM, #4
     Reply For a more mainstream version than Steve Jobs..., Twist, 07-Jan-18 09:30 PM, #5
          Reply Wow that's a serious cultural difference, Kstatida, 09-Jan-18 02:44 AM, #6
               Reply This explains so much., KoeKhaos, 09-Jan-18 03:48 AM, #7
               Reply Adds a new perspective, rather, Kstatida, 09-Jan-18 07:40 AM, #8
               Reply I didn't say he wanted to come back..., Twist, 09-Jan-18 09:13 AM, #9
                    Reply Ah that kind of redemption, Kstatida, 09-Jan-18 01:34 PM, #10
Reply RE: Visible immortal comments, Umiron, 07-Jan-18 07:44 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69674 Previous topic | Next topic