Subject: "2 Cents." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68678
Show all folders

KalageadonThu 03-Aug-17 06:23 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1040 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68687, "2 Cents."
Edited on Thu 03-Aug-17 06:38 AM

I love your big rp push, with all the interactions your doing. Big thumbs up from me for this and all the things like it that the IMMs do.

My suggestion, I think is less involved but may illicit a similar result. So, starting off, there's one thing from my early days that I've missed in the last few years though, and that's gechos. I remember maybe for the first 5 or so years that I played, they happened often. Whenever immortals felt like, it seems. They'd have a knock down/drag out fight using gechos. To me, it was like watching a sporting event. Lots of people would show up just to hear or see what was happening. An example could be Holtzendorf getting killed by Zulghinlour via cleave, and Shokai and others jumping in on different occasions. They were often caballed IMMs, so you'd root for whomever was in your cabal. (they didn't even have to be vis for spectators to still show up) I don't know who has the power for this kind of thing but it's something I really miss and doesn't involve a lot of in-depth interaction, i.e. controlling npcs etc. But, "IF", and I stress "IF" you wanted to get fancy, then maybe have someone do that *poofing* thing at a pre-determined time (prior to any of this taking place) and have the item fly off during the fight or at the end in a manor that it's part of an IMMs armor or severed body part, or ancient item, that a mortal has to find and turn into a certain god/goddess. I think it may even let players feel like they're contributing to the game by helping out their IMM, or conversely, hurting an opponent of their beliefs.

When I say fight, it'd be like:

Massive arcs of blue and white lighting flash overhead, the visage of a mountain of a giant can be seen toiling in deep thought while performing some unholy ritual.

Holtzendorf sensing Zulghinlour's distraction with the demonic research, strikes at him from behind with a mighty overhead attack!

But, Zulghinlour's unholy senses allow him to evade the blow, just as the axe crashes through the tome and table on which it was upon.

Swiftly he spins, eyes blazing with unholy fervor, and he delivers a punishing strike to cripple the Dwarven Lord's arm.

Stunned, Holtzendorf attempts to charge the flame-haired giant but it's too late...

Zulghinour's monstrous axe finds it's mark and cleaves the warrior in two, stealing his divine essence in the process!

Having sensed an intense growth in vile energy, Shokai arrives in a holy flash, the haunting sound of a phoenix heralding his arrival onto the battlefield.

The Unholy Lord cackles with glee, and unleashes another mighty swing of his axe.

Moving with the speed only capable of the Divine Avian, Shokai thrusts his spear upwards to block the blow but as he does, a small fragment of its hilt splinters and falls from the heavens.

Sensing his disadvantage at the newly emboldened giant, Shokai grabs the fallen dwarf's remains and leaps back skyward.

He glances back, seeing the flaming giant in disbelief and watching a small glowing shard landing in a large open plain.

Regardless of what you decide. You all keep doing what you're doing. I've seen more IMM interaction going on, not necessarily to or with me, in the last month than I did in nearly 1000 hours of previous characters. And that, is truly good for the game.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGlobal Quests Request [View all] , E4rth, Wed 02-Aug-17 02:26 PM
Reply I thought egghunt was automated, Kstatida, 03-Aug-17 05:47 AM, #7
Reply No idea., Ishuli, 03-Aug-17 09:23 AM, #10
Reply Work around, laxman, 03-Aug-17 10:59 PM, #12
Reply This is disappointing, Saagkri, 05-Aug-17 09:46 AM, #14
Reply Sort of., Umiron, 03-Aug-17 10:11 PM, #11
     Reply Don't forget to put it on Rahsael's calendar, Kstatida, 04-Aug-17 06:04 AM, #13
          Reply It's on the calendar!, Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 12:20 AM, #16
Reply RE: Global Quests Request, Rahsael, 03-Aug-17 01:39 AM, #5
Reply Thanks for giving it some thought, E4rth, 05-Aug-17 07:38 PM, #15
     Reply CF Event Calendar, Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 01:43 PM, #17
          Reply Boycott! Still no Orctober., Tac, 07-Aug-17 03:39 PM, #18
               Reply Fixed., Ishuli, 08-Aug-17 12:38 PM, #19
                    Reply Yay! MOAR BLOOD!, Tac, 09-Aug-17 06:49 AM, #20
Reply RE: Global Quests Request, Ishuli, 02-Aug-17 05:46 PM, #2
Reply 2 Cents., Kalageadon, 03-Aug-17 06:38 AM #8
     Reply RE: 2 Cents., Ishuli, 03-Aug-17 09:19 AM, #9
Reply I would go a step farther..., Saagkri, 02-Aug-17 02:45 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I would go a step farther..., Ishuli, 02-Aug-17 05:50 PM, #3
          Reply RE: I would go a step farther..., Saagkri, 02-Aug-17 06:33 PM, #4
               Reply I do, Kstatida, 03-Aug-17 05:15 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68678 Previous topic | Next topic