Subject: "Global Quests Request" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68678
Show all folders

E4rthWed 02-Aug-17 02:26 PM
Member since 18th Jun 2014
28 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68678, "Global Quests Request"
Edited on Wed 02-Aug-17 02:27 PM

Participating in "global quests" has been the most memorable and enjoyable part of my CF experience over the years. Some of these quests are quite big and long-term (e.g., cabals opening/closing, new ages dawning, etc.), but even simpler things like helping with someone's Lich quest can really help keep the game fresh. Hell, everyone loves a good old easter egg hunt...

Realizing that Imms (and most players too) are busy with life, I'll try to keep my request fairly modest:

Consider each month or two having an immortal develop a modest global quest. This need not be some age-ending epic thing requiring a ton of maintenance and coding. Rather, simply use the CF world as a backdrop to set a story in motion. Work through active characters, cabal leaders or whatever, via IMMteractions and/or notes to set things in motion. Get creative with a backstory, give players a challenge that perhaps requires some kind of unusual group dynamic.

What might this look like? Perhaps some kind of treasure hunt or puzzle pieces that need to be collected and solved, some mystery to be solved, some kind of hot-potato item that needs to be kept in motion, etc. I can envision lots of creative possibilities aimed at getting people out exploring and interacting beyond the usual stuff. Dungeon master ideas.

In terms of rewards, maybe something in the ballpark of what a RP contest winner gets, in line with whatever the story is unfolding. Perhaps simple things like customized items or minor skills/spells (not necessarily power game stuff, just something novel which is what I believe a lot of people crave in CF). Maybe time the quest with the opening of a new area, culminate with those events when it works. Play around with some nostalgic mobs/items from the past. Literally a world of possibilities.

Setting some fun global challenges in motion like once every month or two doesn't seem like it would have to take a lot of work. I think it would bring some people back to the game, and give a spark to the regulars and newbs alike.

And you could post them on our new calendar! : )

Give it some thought? Thanks for considering the idea.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGlobal Quests Request [View all] , E4rth, Wed 02-Aug-17 02:26 PM
Reply I thought egghunt was automated, Kstatida, 03-Aug-17 05:47 AM, #7
Reply No idea., Ishuli, 03-Aug-17 09:23 AM, #10
Reply Work around, laxman, 03-Aug-17 10:59 PM, #12
Reply This is disappointing, Saagkri, 05-Aug-17 09:46 AM, #14
Reply Sort of., Umiron, 03-Aug-17 10:11 PM, #11
     Reply Don't forget to put it on Rahsael's calendar, Kstatida, 04-Aug-17 06:04 AM, #13
          Reply It's on the calendar!, Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 12:20 AM, #16
Reply RE: Global Quests Request, Rahsael, 03-Aug-17 01:39 AM, #5
Reply Thanks for giving it some thought, E4rth, 05-Aug-17 07:38 PM, #15
     Reply CF Event Calendar, Rahsael, 07-Aug-17 01:43 PM, #17
          Reply Boycott! Still no Orctober., Tac, 07-Aug-17 03:39 PM, #18
               Reply Fixed., Ishuli, 08-Aug-17 12:38 PM, #19
                    Reply Yay! MOAR BLOOD!, Tac, 09-Aug-17 06:49 AM, #20
Reply RE: Global Quests Request, Ishuli, 02-Aug-17 05:46 PM, #2
Reply 2 Cents., Kalageadon, 03-Aug-17 06:38 AM, #8
     Reply RE: 2 Cents., Ishuli, 03-Aug-17 09:19 AM, #9
Reply I would go a step farther..., Saagkri, 02-Aug-17 02:45 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I would go a step farther..., Ishuli, 02-Aug-17 05:50 PM, #3
          Reply RE: I would go a step farther..., Saagkri, 02-Aug-17 06:33 PM, #4
               Reply I do, Kstatida, 03-Aug-17 05:15 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68678 Previous topic | Next topic