Subject: "Small change to Ears of the Bat" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68674
Show all folders

Versatile Shifter (Anonymous)Wed 02-Aug-17 08:54 AM
Charter member
#68674, "Small change to Ears of the Bat"

Shapeshifters can seem a bit one dimensional at times. Play style can counter this at times. Recently, I've been trying to play the class with a little more versatility. So, at L51, after ignoring partial shifts (besides horns of the bull and shell), I'm revisiting them.

I noticed that 'ears of the bat' allows you to detect someone sneaking, but as the help file implies, only if they are visible to you. I would propose that it be changed to work like, I think, awareness does (muscular bobcat skill) and lets you detect someone sneaking when they enter or leave the room whether they are visible to you or not.

The reasoning is threefold:

1. From a realism perspective, ears of the bat uses sound to hear someone even while sneaking. It should have nothing to do with being able to see the sneaker.

2. As is, I see it's use as so limited, it's a waste of practices. At any level, if I can see a threat, I'm not going to sit there out of form with ears of the bat up to know when they enter the room. I'll get out or shapeshift.

3. It adds some utility and usability to this partial shift, but doesn't break anything in terms of balance. At high levels, if you have ears of the bat up, you're out of form and very vulnerable. It's not going to save your life if someone wants you dead, but may help you protect against thieves slowly robbing you blind while you converse in the Inn.

Thanks for your consideration

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSmall change to Ears of the Bat [View all] , Versatile Shifter (Anonymous), Wed 02-Aug-17 08:54 AM
Reply Literally never practiced this as a shifter., TMNS, 02-Aug-17 06:55 PM, #4
Reply Also clutch as a mundunugu with a pc corpse ear fetish, laxman, 03-Aug-17 09:57 PM, #5
     Reply I'm one of those shifters who likes to stay in form 90%..., TMNS, 04-Aug-17 01:13 AM, #6
Reply It works if you can't see them, Murphy, 02-Aug-17 11:12 AM, #1
     Reply RE: It works if you can't see them, Versatile Shifter (Anonymous), 02-Aug-17 12:19 PM, #2
          Reply I just checked out my logs and looks like I was mistake..., Murphy, 02-Aug-17 12:36 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68674 Previous topic | Next topic