Subject: "I get your logic, but perceptionwise, it was deceptive" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68598
Show all folders

KstatidaMon 17-Jul-17 10:57 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68603, "I get your logic, but perceptionwise, it was deceptive"
Edited on Mon 17-Jul-17 11:00 AM

"Rangers have no downside" means "hey dude, use metal weapon all you want". You may argue all you want that "it is not downside compared to others", but truth is - savage using metal weapons is handicapped.

I have lost a couple of ultra sexy kills as Gromm (including ambushes on convulsing Provost and Captain) when I was following the "no downside" logic.

So unless you include all that tricky explanation in a newbie channel answer, saying "savage is not handicapped by using metal weapons" is deceptive, which is proven by the fact that this question popped up here and you had to post 10 line explanation of how it is so.

--------------

Newbie friendly answer would've been "Savages lose their ambush onslaught bonus when using metal weapons".

Edit: It is also nice to hear "Rule of thumb - don't use any metal if you're savage", which is fairly often an answer there (and is explicitly stated in helpfile as well).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSavage rangers [View all] , Honestpaladin, Fri 14-Jul-17 08:17 PM
Reply RE: Savage rangers, Kstatida, 17-Jul-17 09:57 AM, #3
Reply RE: Savage rangers, Jormyr, 17-Jul-17 10:44 AM, #4
     Reply I get your logic, but perceptionwise, it was deceptive, Kstatida, 17-Jul-17 11:00 AM #5
Reply I am trying to remember back to a discussion I had with..., Destuvius, 14-Jul-17 08:25 PM, #1
     Reply This is correct, Onewingedangel, 15-Jul-17 03:33 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #68598 Previous topic | Next topic