Subject: "Giant suggestions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65277
Show all folders

laxmanSun 13-Nov-16 11:18 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65277, "Giant suggestions"

Reading the older thread where dest proposed a scaling damage boost inspired me to think. First off I really like that idea because at the upper ranks I don't feel there is that much of a difference in damage between low and high str races, for warriors there are some spec skills and a legacy that make a difference but the change would help the baseline differentiation.

On the defensive side of the coin I think a size related change could also be nifty. I propose that for natural Giant size races (and feasibly dwarves) that all classes have a boiled down version of riddle. The realism aspect is that there is simply more meat so a hole from a spear would be smaller, fewer ribs broken by a mace, and even more flesh to affect with disease spells. I would not make them more resistant but shorter duration and less severe affects. On a practical level this would ease gearing and help them keep those bigger weapons swinging.

It might also be worthwhile to tone up the damage on really heavy and two handed weapons.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #65277 Previous topic | Next topic