Subject: "Backstab" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #620
Show all folders

KrexisWed 02-Apr-03 02:46 PM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#620, "Backstab"

First of all, im not asking for dual bs back, just want to make that clear.

As it is now, only one word accurately describes backstab "SUCKY." I can conceive of no reason why a thief would want to backstab anyone right now. A binder thief is the only one who could do it and kill his target effectively in the next 3-4 rounds, even then its a shot in the dark more or less.

Given the current HP warriors have, Backstab is pretty lame. I think most players who know anything about thieves would agree. Mages have too many hp and can word right away. Assassins vanish, and all other classes have just too much health past rank 40, for backstab to be of any use. Cheap shot, even when perfected misses 1 of 3 times, and parting block is nearly usesless even when perfected. Parting block is not even worth the practice sessions if you have cheap shot, thats how lame it is. I just dont see any point in backstabbing anyone unless youre ganking and you got someone there whos spamming bash/trip. Thieves have turned from being a newbie, semi-newbie class, to being an elite or semi-elite player class to kill people.

I suggest a bonus to backstab for combat thieves ONLY, a skill you would get in your mid/high 30's, to compensate for the HP of other classes, and make this skill a bit less useless. To make this skill more balanced, i would make its bonus level capped, so you cant ranksit until it gets to 100%. You would actually have to hero to perfect it.

Another solution is to make it a sleeping bonus. So a thief would have to chose between backstab/jack/knife/trip tactic or jack/backstab/trip, since as a combat thief you would get a bonus on both if they are sleeping/resting but you cant jack a target twice in a row to take advantge of both.

I havent used backstab in over 80 hours. Something is wrong with that. The everlasting tactic is to flee/knife or knife/trip. Being a combat thief right now is just not worth it. I havent seen ANY full path combat thieves.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #620 Previous topic | Next topic