Subject: "Shifter forms suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #613
Show all folders

UlthurTue 01-Apr-03 04:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#613, "Shifter forms suggestion"

The one thing that bugs me about shifter forms, is having no idea who is who when they are in form. If you know three people that turn into vultures, then they turn into three IDENTICAL looking vultures. My suggestion is writing up varying descriptions within the current set of forms, just for variety. This would have to show up in the room description, the full description, and the 'where' description. For example, instead of seeing "a massive vulture" when you hit 'where', there could be "a small gray vulture" and "a large brown vulture" and "a small beady-eyed vulture", and so on down the line. This would add some individual personality to a persons forms.

I might even suggest that while one is in use, no one else can get it. I'm not sure if that would be feasible, or even necessary, though. As long as enough random descriptions are added - if there aren't enough, and they get used at random no matter who already has them, it would sort of defeat the purpose.

This way when you hit 'where', or look in the room, you could identify people you know well enough by their form. "Oh, I know Bob, he's that brown and gold tiger with the big black eyes." This would help doubly if appropriate key-words could be added for each form, to help with targeting.

The easiest things to change would be size and color, but there are other possibilities as well. Adding adjectives like 'shaggy' or 'mangy' or 'short haired' would work as well, and different color patterns, like wide stripes, or narrow stripes.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #613 Previous topic | Next topic