Subject: "Dual wield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60000
Show all folders

TsunamiFri 10-Jul-15 11:59 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60005, "Dual wield"

Let's pretend you are an axe and mace specialized warrior.

When you wield an axe in your main hand and a mace in your offhand: You can whirl, hook, weaponbreak, etc. but you cannot backhand, boneshatter, dent, etc. because your mace is in your offhand.

When you have sisters. That changes. Now you can use your spec skills from the offhand.

One caveat is that it only works with spec skills that require a command. You cannot go sword/dagger and expect to flourintine AND concealed.

With fairly recent changes (last year or two?), sword/dagger is actually at terrible pick for it. Once upon a time, you parried with your mainhand, so it would make since to have sisters, wield a sword for parry, and use dagger in the offhand to bleed them out. Now, if I understand correctly, your parry has a 50/50 chance of being attempted by your primary or secondary weapon.

Essentially, for sisters builds, you're looking at using mace/axe/whip/dagger combos. I would say. I'm by no means a professional warrior, but I'm confident I've explained the legacy accurately.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicwondering about balance of sisters [View all] , jaf2h, Fri 10-Jul-15 07:45 AM
Reply Dual wield, Tsunami, 10-Jul-15 11:59 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60000 Previous topic | Next topic