Subject: "Feedback: Note changes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57990
Show all folders

SarienThu 15-Jan-15 07:52 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57990, "Feedback: Note changes"
Edited on Thu 15-Jan-15 07:55 AM

I was rapping with Mendos on these forums, and I got on the topic of the "non comms" part of Organia/ST. I said the following:

"In the end, if you won't review ST prereqs, can you maybe 'fix' areas like ST/Organia and remove the "non comms" part of it - people "Cheat" around it using note anyways. And the whole "silence" bit is completely counter-productive to the social aspects of the game. Sit there as a new player applicant hoping to talk to some leader getting 'They cannot be reached" or whatever that canned message is for hours on end - not too great."

I feel my original point was missed, I didn't want you to 'fix' the 'bug' that was note getting around no comms. I felt that the whole 'no comms' aspect of Organia/ST was counter-productive to the social aspects of the game.

I think the changes to note are bad, and honestly I don't see why people can't just use comms in organia. Not only could you get around it with note (an issue) there is an even bigger issue.

With the case of organia, if I suspect someone is learning there all I need to do is send a tell. The tell will of course be in an "RP correct fashion" but the real purpose of it is - I want to see if I "Can't reach you" because if I Can't, I know 100% beyond a doubt where you are, and I'm coming to PK you.

While it may "seem" like the organia "quiet" bit is good from a RP perspective, mechanically it is not so much.

I would've rather just seen you guys allow comms - after all this is a social game, and allowing comms would've both fixed the note 'issue' as well as stop me from locating ranking folks so easily via the 'tell' mechanic (by the way, I am 100% certain I am not the only person with this trick up my sleeve).

edit to add: Organia is the only area I can think of that I can 100% know people are ranking in just by trying to communicate with them

maybe consider adjusting the changes? Just my .02

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFeedback: Note changes [View all] , Sarien, Thu 15-Jan-15 07:52 AM
Reply Possible solution?, TheProphet1, 17-Jan-15 09:49 AM, #11
Reply There are other ranking areas, incognito, 15-Jan-15 11:39 AM, #7
Reply RE: Feedback: Note changes, Valguarnera, 15-Jan-15 08:32 AM, #1
     Reply He's wrong there, KaguMaru, 15-Jan-15 09:38 AM, #2
     Reply you'l notice I specifically said 'ranking' You take a ..., Sarien, 15-Jan-15 10:44 AM, #4
          Reply You'd be surprised., Artificial, 15-Jan-15 11:05 AM, #5
          Reply I am not surprised at all, Sarien, 15-Jan-15 11:15 AM, #6
               Reply Just ignore him., Aereglen, 15-Jan-15 04:24 PM, #8
          Reply You totally misunderstood, KaguMaru, 16-Jan-15 03:53 AM, #9
               Reply I did., Sarien, 16-Jan-15 01:26 PM, #10
     Reply approved. f'n Serra nt, Dallevian, 15-Jan-15 09:41 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #57990 Previous topic | Next topic