Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #554
Show all folders

SabieneSat 29-Mar-03 02:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#554, "Thief idea"

Okay, I hope I don't have the rest of the thief guild trying to kill me IC for this, but I just wanted to share an observation and idea with you all...

Perhaps acrobatics could be moved to thug?

*ducks*

My rationale for this is: it's a fighting skill. It would make thugs a lot more survivable, given that unlike ropers, trappers, and poisoners they need to jump into combat instead of being able to at least try to tilt the odds in their favor before it starts. While it would obviously detract from the survival rates of "stealing" path thieves, they are the only thieves who, in terms of path theme, are not trying to get in a fight at all.

It would also mean that the (currently) most combat-effective thieves* (when combined with cheap shot) wouldn't also have deft touch, warning skill, and improved hide, among other things. Given the helpfile for acrobatics, I understand why it's there now, I just feel this is something worth considering. I had figured that it might be that thieves were meant to assist an existing party and specifically *not* be solo killers, but I also figured that any thief with the right scrolls could probably wax anyone alone, so I honestly don't know what the plan was originally. May this idea be read as the simple suggestion it is

*Even after all I've seen, heard, and read, I am not going to claim any kind of expertise on thief skill tactics or function (except perhaps to say that I still believe bind hands and legs fail too much to make much of the rope path useful) but honestly, if I was going to make another thief, it would have acrobatics if I intended to do anything hostile at all (not counting theft).

- Sabiene

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #554 Previous topic | Next topic