Subject: "Newbie help Idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5206
Show all folders

VecnaMon 12-Jul-04 08:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#5206, "Newbie help Idea"

OK, this is probably one of the dumbest ideas you've ever heard but I'm gonna say it anyway. Reading the threads about provding help for newbie I thought that perhaps CF should create some iconic characters, a mixture of classes and races. These characters could be named after famous characters of the past like the Guildmaster naming competition. Anyway the idea is this at the login-in screen instrading of enterting a character name you can enter : 'icon' instead. This will randomly put you in control of a 10th level iconic character. These iconic characters don't gain xp, age die, improve at skills or lose. They're kind of a volunteer force that groups with newbies, to teach and rank them. Obviously this idea needs tweaking. I can see that few people would want to spend ranking with newbies, but the imms could log into them at times for newbie immteraction. And so could people who are craving CF and are either rolling a character or just wanna log in and muck around a bit.

Anyway, a strange idea I know and one that has plenty of drawbacks, but possibly useful in making the wonderful and complex world of CF more newbie friends.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNewbie help Idea [View all] , Vecna, Mon 12-Jul-04 08:52 AM
Reply RE: Newbie help Idea, Valguarnera, 12-Jul-04 08:29 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5206 Previous topic | Next topic