Subject: "Possible thief tweak" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #491
Show all folders

Anal_RetentiveMon 24-Mar-03 05:34 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#491, "Possible thief tweak"

Ok first off I just finished playing a stealing thief.
I like to think that as far as game mechanics go I did a pretty good job. I loved the class and I found a use for every single one of the skills except for maybe bribe mercenary and the only reason I did not use that so much is because very few people had mercs.

I only had two problems with the thief path that I took. One of them being the counterfeit skill. Now dont get me wrong, I think that skill is top notch and I found many interesting ways to use it. One of the more underrated of the skills on that particular thief path. My gripe about counterfeit is that you get it too late. Meaning you get it after acrobatics which is where most thieves seem to stop if they are indeed learning from that path. Counterfeit was very useful when the "deed" was being done but it really became quite the calling card when the "gig was up".

My second gripe is that it seemed rather unfair to me that a thief who dedicates all of his guild points towards the stealing guilds has the EXACT same steal skills as someone who only went halfway.

I think an great solution to this would be to put warning skill at the level you get deft touch, put counterfeit at the level where you once got warning skill, and then put deft touch AFTER acrobatics somewhere.

It makes sense to me that the thieves who devote their life to stealing be better than other thieves who are not.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPossible thief tweak [View all] , Anal_Retentive, Mon 24-Mar-03 05:34 PM
Reply I'll take you one step further, Young Nastyman, 24-Mar-03 08:44 PM, #1
     Reply No way Jose!, Anal_Retentive, 25-Mar-03 02:35 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #491 Previous topic | Next topic