Subject: "Just to understand a bit better..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47111
Show all folders

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Tue 11-Sep-12 02:06 PM
Charter member
#47121, "Just to understand a bit better..."

Taking these edges will *never* gimp the original form of the spell?

Let's say I'm an Outlander Invoker and take Scalding Geyser. My Geyer's were previously hitting at 100% efficiency(Let's just assume spellcraft never failed on any cast), I now take Scalding Geyser. Now if I geyser someone that has no protection to fire whatsoever, but is not vuln to it, is it hitting for greater than 100% of the original damage because it has an added fire element of damage they aren't protected against?

If so, now when I hit an unprotected felar is it the original amount of damage + another % + vuln? Say 100+10+10=120% just for the sake of numbers being thrown around to make sense?

Conversely, what if I take Scalding geyser and have to fight a fire giant, and want to use the spell. Will he just be immune to the fire part and I'll be hitting as hard of geysers as if I never took the edge?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThese invoker edges [View all] , Wijke, Mon 10-Sep-12 06:54 PM
Reply Can someone explain the wingwall edge, Free bird (Anonymous), 16-Sep-12 11:38 AM, #5
Reply ...Anyone?, Free bird (Anonymous), 17-Sep-12 06:05 PM, #6
     Reply Dear Pro,, robdarken_, 18-Sep-12 12:03 AM, #7
Reply Absolute zero is pretty good. nt, Artificial, 11-Sep-12 11:42 AM, #2
Reply RE: These invoker edges, Daevryn, 11-Sep-12 08:26 AM, #1
     Reply Just to understand a bit better..., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 11-Sep-12 02:06 PM #3
          Reply RE: Just to understand a bit better..., Daevryn, 12-Sep-12 08:33 AM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47111 Previous topic | Next topic