Subject: "Hopeful suggestion regarding hoarding" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4347
Show all folders

BaendraThu 15-Apr-04 07:22 AM
Member since 03rd Mar 2004
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4347, "Hopeful suggestion regarding hoarding"

Whilst I don't like losing my unique items, all protective wands, and some moderately limited items, to hoarding code after 1 week absences (my logs suggest it might have been 10 days), I see the argument for it, so I won't suggest it be changed, in general.

Where I would suggest a change is where a limited container gets caught by the hoarding code. Any chance of replacing it with non-limited containers, like backpacks, and then having the contents of the limited container stashed in the non-limited containers?

It is just that when I lost my container to hoarding code, I lost huge amounts of items that were not limited, worth probably in the region of 300 gold. I can replace food, flight potions, curatives, wands etc (though it is quite penal having to invest the money and time to do so given the non-limited nature of these items). I built up my supply over hundreds of hours (because when I died I managed to get these things back), and I'd estimate that raising the money to replace them and travelling around Thera would take me about 10 hours if uninterupted. However, I also had notes of rp significance in my limited container and I can't replace these.

So, to summarise my question: Can limited containers that poof be replaced by non-limited containers, thus preventing non-limited items from being affected by anti-hoarding code?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4347 Previous topic | Next topic