Subject: "Bard Songs" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4275
Show all folders

MeladoriSun 04-Apr-04 01:44 AM
Member since 30th Aug 2003
42 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4275, "Bard Songs"
Edited on Sun 04-Apr-04 01:59 AM

So, I was thinking of ideas for a bard, and I thought I found a good one, but it's a secret, anyway, I realized that with the way bards sing, the idea wouldn't work too well. Bards kind of have a set culture, you know? With warriors, you can make a snotty noble warrior or a dumb noisey barbarian, or a quiet reserved fighter, but with bards, they have to sing these songs at the top of their lungs, wether it fits their role or not. I guess you don't have to sing them, but without their songs, bards kinda stink. So I was thinking, well, make it like warcry where you can set your own lyrics, then I thought about how much of a pain that would be for the immortals. I know they do enough without checking to make sure people aren't singing about the way to Sesame Street or Lovely Rita the meter maid. But maybe there could be an option where you can just play the songs on the instruments, have some neat echoes describing the mood of the song and such, the imm's of this game are great at that sort of thing. I also thought about evil bards and how they probably wouldn't be singing some of the songs they do. It might open up bards a little, of course you couldn't do a cappella this way, and maybe even if you chose to just play instruments, the songs aren't as effective or so. Anyway, I hope this doesn't sound like too dumb an idea, I'd really like to see some bards that aren't from the mold.

Some people wake up every day thinking the world is going to make sense. How fun would that be anyway?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4275 Previous topic | Next topic