Subject: "Good changes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4044
Show all folders

QuafferMon 01-Mar-04 01:50 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2004
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4044, "Good changes"

I've been away/free from CF for about two years - and upon checking the forums I saw thieves were updated (i'd only been waiting 6 years!) and rolled one up.

What drove me away before was the elitism of the game, the cliques in chatrooms exchanging ooc tips and imms creating super characters that knew where everything was, knew all the mechanics, and had no qualms enjoying the fruits of their hard work.

I came back to a mud that has more clearly defined what info improves gameplay and what should be up to you to discover. Discovery is fun, death frustration and helplessness are not.

There are more roads, more signs, invis is meaningful, money is more meaningful, maxing skills is harder, and more things to discover - both easy and hard.

The players have been a mix of haughty newbie-feeders, typical pk'ers, arrogant supreme rp'ers, and polite semi-newbies. The ratios are just better now.

The thieves are awesome, and with any class I feel I'm able to compete in any fight despite being so ignorant that I dared get attacked without my barrier wands zapped up first.

sometimes progress isn't all about technology!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicGood changes [View all] , Quaffer, Mon 01-Mar-04 01:50 PM
Reply We Appreciate Appreciation, Amaranthe, 03-Mar-04 10:29 AM, #2
Reply RE: Good changes?, Tirach, 03-Mar-04 10:06 AM, #1
     Reply Pass me that crack pipe when your done., Stunna, 05-Mar-04 02:43 PM, #3
          Reply Note re: Outlander:, Valguarnera, 05-Mar-04 07:37 PM, #4
          Reply Sheez some noobs are worse than others., Tirach, 08-Mar-04 06:46 PM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4044 Previous topic | Next topic