Subject: "RE: Assorted begging and whining." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #401
Show all folders

XandryaFri 14-Mar-03 06:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#405, "RE: Assorted begging and whining."
Edited on Fri 14-Mar-03 06:44 PM

"Let bards sing resist even if they are affected of it, like it is now if the bard gets it and one in the group does not. The groupmember cannot have it until in runs out on the bard."

Wow, I like this idea.

I cannot tell you how many times I've had a group member get upset with me or at least "remind" me that resisting is not on them when I have it on me for another 6 hours or so. This is one of the shortest song effects though so it doesn't take too long to wear off. But it is annoying when the group relys on it and so they have to wait for it to fall before it can be sung again.

There are things a trained bard can do to counter this problem though. One thing I often do if this happens is sing "Dances with Jak" instead. I don't often use that song unless requested to by the group because it's a virtual mana hog. But if the resist isn't there for them, I figure they need some help from something else, so then I will sing it. I also always make sure that if they don't have resist, they do have Galadriel, Shield of Words, and We Come...at least that way they are covered by other effects to aid them. And another thing if your bard knows what they are doing they will keep singing Heal my Heart or Life to the Dieing until they can get the Resisting song back up for you. So while the above mentioned suggestion would be very nice indeed, there are alternatives.

If the Imms DO decide to implement a change to Resisting though it will be quite a welcomed change (It makes sense too because there really is no reason why a bard shouldn't be able to sing the song again.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAssorted begging and whining. [View all] , Nightgaunt_, Fri 14-Mar-03 02:26 PM
Reply RE: Assorted begging and whining., Xandrya, 14-Mar-03 06:44 PM #2
Reply RE: Assorted begging and whining., Valkenar, 14-Mar-03 05:58 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #401 Previous topic | Next topic