Subject: "Thoughts on Thieves" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3968
Show all folders

Warlock_MagiMon 23-Feb-04 11:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3968, "Thoughts on Thieves"

Well, I was thinking about this and talking it over with a few friends. Theives are stealers, plain and simple. The term thief is simply someone who does crime through stealing. How is it that a thief can be orderly? What? The Robin Hood Syndrome? Even at that, they meant well but they were not "orderly". Neutral and chaotic thieves I could see, but I really don't think thieves should be able to be orderly at all. If thieves were instead termed 'rogue' I would feel it would be a better definition of someone who would use the differing types of abilities.

(Definations from dictionary.com)
Thief - One who steals, especially by stealth

Rogue - 1.An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
2.One who is playfully mischievous; a scamp.
3.A wandering beggar; a vagrant.
4.A vicious and solitary animal, especially an elephant that has separated itself from its herd.
5.An organism, especially a plant, that shows an undesirable variation from a standard.

I suppose this is fully open for whining and moaning about how I'm wrong, but I'm stating my opinion and you all can deal with it. I truly think that without the name change the word "thief" makes the class in pure RP alot different than I think the IMMs are trying to pull off.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicThoughts on Thieves [View all] , Warlock_Magi, Mon 23-Feb-04 11:44 AM
Reply RE: Thoughts on Thieves, fleshofchaos, 24-Feb-04 05:41 PM, #2
Reply I recently deleted a "thief" that had steal removed fro..., Wilhath, 23-Feb-04 12:20 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3968 Previous topic | Next topic