Subject: "RE: Lore Suggestion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3421
Show all folders

KazraelFri 09-Jan-04 09:39 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3453, "RE: Lore Suggestion"

I'm not arguing that it doesn't work at high percentages.
What I was thinking is people usually have to lore multiple times to get an accurate idea of an item even at 100% anyway, and the stats that you can tell accurately for the most part can be actually calculated faster by doing rem/wear and checking score.
The few things you can't gauge by doing score are the things lore jumps around with, forcing you to check multiple times. I usually end up doing 5~10 depending on how 'random' my results are, often doing it a few more times to be sure instead of just pretty sure. And at 100% I've still lored a piece of gear 10 times, gotten the same stats 3 times to later find out the stat I'd gotten was wrong, so it's not exactly foolproof.

And the way it is now it is useless at 75%, giving a failure message instead of inaccurate stats would make it marginally useful even at that low percentage.
After you've been playing for a bit if you have a decent memory you know the critical stats for most pieces of common/useful gear by heart, you end up loring only once in a blue moon. And unless you spam practice lore it is useless in those rare situations where it would be nice to have it actually give you usable info even at 75.
I just thought a slight modification to lore would be in line with all the 'no spam practice' changes that have been going in recently.

Course... if you tell me I'm not RPing right by not using lore on a piece of armor before I know the stats...

well, yeah... okay.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicLore Suggestion [View all] , Kazrael, Thu 08-Jan-04 05:46 AM
Reply RE: Lore Suggestion, Arvam, 08-Jan-04 09:52 AM, #3
Reply Ayup. Also:, Valguarnera, 08-Jan-04 12:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: Lore Suggestion, Kazrael, 09-Jan-04 09:39 PM #5
     Reply RE: Lore Suggestion, Arvam, 09-Jan-04 11:34 PM, #6
     Reply but you don't have to lore multiple times for most stuf..., incognito, 10-Jan-04 11:08 AM, #7
Reply Ugghh..., Theerkla, 08-Jan-04 07:42 AM, #2
Reply I strongly disagree, incognito, 08-Jan-04 07:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3421 Previous topic | Next topic