Subject: "Overlimit items" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #32472
Show all folders

The HereticFri 07-May-10 09:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32472, "Overlimit items"

When exploring an area someone has never been to, it is very possible to visit a mob that possesses a limited item and never know it. I would bet the tougher the area, the better the item, the more likely someone has already taken the item. You could bust your ass going through an area and miss out on some valuable game knowledge you should gain. This is something that probably affects newer players the most, but is also true for me. For example, if I were to ever take a trip to hell, I am sure there are some unique items that just aren't going to be there.

I suggest that over-limit items always be on the mob it belongs to. The item would be exactly like the normal item but would be flagged to rot in a few hours the moment it was touched by a player or charmie. It would appear to be (Flawed) when viewed with legendary awareness. The item would have all other normal flags such as (Legendary) or (Famous) so the player would know the item was special.

By being on the mob, players could observe any special properties of a progged item. Many mobs reference limited items in their description, and it doesn't quite look right when they don't posses them, so it would make these mobs look more consistent. In the few hours before it rotted, a player could identify the item, try to trigger a prog and even take a few whacks at some nearby mob or player. They could also use items like scrolls and wands, which may seem OP at first, but when you consider the time it takes to kill most mobs, barrier for 4-6 hours seems a fair reward.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOverlimit items [View all] , The Heretic, Fri 07-May-10 09:02 AM
Reply RE: Overlimit items, Zulghinlour, 07-May-10 12:57 PM, #7
Reply I like that idea, Drag0nSt0rm, 07-May-10 01:03 PM, #8
Reply RE: Overlimit items, PandaJack, 07-May-10 02:03 PM, #9
Reply RE: Overlimit items, The Heretic, 07-May-10 07:40 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Overlimit items, Straklaw, 08-May-10 01:48 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Overlimit items, Zulghinlour, 08-May-10 10:37 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Overlimit items, thendrell, 08-May-10 10:48 AM, #15
Reply How about (replica), Valkenar, 07-May-10 12:40 PM, #6
Reply RE: Overlimit items, Daevryn, 07-May-10 12:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: Overlimit items, The Heretic, 07-May-10 07:29 PM, #10