Subject: "RE: man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #283
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 03-Mar-03 02:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#286, "RE: man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..."

yes its a big deal but when failed (and from what I hear happens alot) you just lost a command there (and a certain amount of lag but I'm not sure how much) Must we change every aspect to the game to make it more like real life? think of the coding that would have to be put in, which in the end would just make warriors complain about weaponbreaker working against them "too" much.

The coding wouldn't be hard if I felt like doing it.

Weaponbreaker is a good, useful skill, but it certainly has drawbacks. Certain things can't be broken. It's not overly reliable. You can carry backup weapons, swap them back in, and beat down the axe spec who's spending his commands breaking your weapons instead of hitting you with whirl/pincer/disembowel/bash action. It's useless against most NPCs and some PCs (invokers, mainly, but classes with pets can play tricks here). There's other things you can do to hinder it as well.

The realism angle doesn't work either. If you're holding a weapon when I shatter it with an axe, you're in a lot more danger than I am. You're closer to the broken weapon, and the momentum of the blow is towards you, not me.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWeaponbreaker [View all] , BurnedIce, Mon 03-Mar-03 12:57 PM
Reply RE: Weaponbreaker, DwE, 03-Mar-03 02:21 PM, #3
Reply man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..., Quiditus, 03-Mar-03 01:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..., Valguarnera, 03-Mar-03 02:19 PM #2
          Reply RE: man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..., BurnedIce, 06-Mar-03 01:25 PM, #4
               Reply RE: man I am starting to feel bad for the IMM's now..., Valguarnera, 06-Mar-03 03:48 PM, #5
                    Reply Quick responese..., Karel, 08-Mar-03 11:14 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #283 Previous topic | Next topic