Subject: "So Daevryn, this one is for you and a couple of others." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #28270
Show all folders

trewynTue 04-Aug-09 01:14 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#28270, "So Daevryn, this one is for you and a couple of others."

Q1:

Skin of the Redwoods... what exactly does it do? That help files is VAUGE. I had it with Grecken and I couldn't figure it out really. All I came up with was that it maybe helped deflect blows with bark skin more often, or made it possible.

Q2:

Far Haven still doesn't work right unless it was intended to not ever work anywhere thorns can't be called. Sometimes on a new moon it doesn't work at all (which we discussed this.) But I thought about some ideas to it and I came up with two alternatives to it.

Since some Imm (who I love to death) made it so spikes can be grown on forest trails and forest haven now works on them (it didn't with Grecken), far haven opens up some choices like roads and stuff.

Option A) Nix far haven as it is and make it mutually exclusive with Initiate of the Desert and Swamp Dweller and allow for spike growth in the cities and far haven in civilized places. Call it Urban Warrior (or make an edge that allows for spikes in the ciites without the forest haven coolness. I'd take it! Only way you can fight a damn tiger is to nerf its dex as much as possible.)

Option B) This one's more likely. But since far haven allows for fields to be used under forest haven (or if you fixed it so that forest haven works in fields without far haven, then this won't be so cool), make it so that caves and other indoor forests can be used as well. Basically any wilderness, water, under water, caves, fields, mountains, indoor caves, and less civilized roads (non cities), even the brew house on the eastern road.

Idea 1:

PERSONALLY I'd like to see Swamp Dweller edge make it so that plant growth makes swamps instead of forests to open up the chance to use swarm of leeches more frequently. I might actually make a druid like that just for ####s and giggles. Thorns of Contagion, swarm of leeches, thornheart... yeah. I can see this being fun. a LOT of fun... unless you're the one having to deal with it.

Anyhow, thanks for working with me on it. I know it was frustrating and you did some cool work with it. Give me your opinion on some stuff, and if you don't, at least please answer the skin of the redwood question. This is the third time I've asked it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSo Daevryn, this one is for you and a couple of others. [View all] , trewyn, Tue 04-Aug-09 01:14 AM
Reply RE: So Daevryn, this one is for you and a couple of oth..., Daevryn, 06-Aug-09 09:11 AM, #3
Reply Thanks buddy! (nt), trewyn, 06-Aug-09 09:55 AM, #4
Reply Why no love for this post? nt, RandomThinker, 05-Aug-09 10:43 PM, #1
     Reply It's actually the second time I've asked this., trewyn, 06-Aug-09 01:32 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #28270 Previous topic | Next topic