Subject: "RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicable name)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2646
Show all folders

romeThu 16-Oct-03 11:28 AM
Member since 30th Jul 2003
67 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2650, "RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicable name)"

>>Skill: Adventurers Sense: Automatically gives feed back when
>>scanning if a room has an aggro monster in it.
>
>So you can avoid them? How is that exploring? You just
>"know".

Fair enough.. bit of taking the fun out of stepping infront of a truck... but how about making something that lets you consider from a distance?

>>Skill: Rigorous Training (Adventurers can carry more than
>>their max weight, but loose mvs faster when doing so,
>>automatic)
>
>I don't see what makes adventurers more apt for this as
>opposed to say, warriors.

Lots of lugging around of packs. Warriors are built for power, where as this type would be build for endurance (mind you, carring around 500 lbs should really fall into the power category, but it's a game)

>>Skill: Grab (A less elegant form of stealing, a successful
>>grab steals whatever item the adventurer was aiming for, but
>>the target always is aware of the attempt, and in the case
>of
>>mobs, becomes aggressive.)
>
>Thieves already have something similar.

Yes, but their skills are better and more suited for what they need to do. The adventurer just needs to grab a key or special item once in a while. Think of it more as talking nicely to someone, buttering 'em up, then grabbing it and running. But I see your point about stepping on the toes of other classes.
>
>>Skill: Maneuver (Through their extensive training on
>defensive
>>techniques, an adventurer is able to avoid special attacks
>and
>>spells, sometimes. Often ducking behind others in the room,
>>causing them to be struck.)
>
>Their extensive training is no greater than warriors or
>rangers, and even less than assassins...so why do they somehow
>get to avoid special attacks now?

Don't think warriors or assassins would be trained in ducking behind other people. Thieves maybe. Maybe throw in a forced flee if it goes off. Definately would need some downside. Perhaps make it not automatic, so that you have to be watching for the right time to dive out of the way. *shrug*

>>Spell: Albinar’s Forgotten Slight (The first spell taught by
>>the adventurer’s guild, this causes mob’s to forget their
>>anger at the adventurer)
>
>So when you forget to scan to see the aggro mob, you can now
>make him stop tracking you...where is the risk in exploring
>now?

Getting one rounded by Tiamat. Seriously though, doesn't have to be absolute. Maybe it works better on mobs that are lower rank than you. High rank mobs just arn't affected. After all, they arn't really mages, no spellcraft. Also (not that this is really a point in favor of implementation), there are several other skills out there that mimic this type of ability (tame for one).

>>Spell: Escape (Returns you to a ‘starting point’ in the area
>>you are in. Each area would have to have a room marked as
>the
>>escape room. This can be used in no-recall areas.)
>
>Even better...if somehow the #### hits the fan, you can just
>recall to the beginning of the area and be safe and sound.
>This will never happen.

Again, not much different than vanish or teleport, just that it's controlled. Actually I would say it's less powerful than vanish since it's a spell and can't work in no-magic areas. If you still think it's unbalanced, throw in a no-recall area restriction to it also. Then it's really just a toned down version of word.

>Basically this takes all the risk out of exploring, which
>means that it won't ever exist. The only thing missing here
>is cries of "more lag"!

The idea wasn't so much to take the risk out of exploring, so much as to add to the interest in exploring.

The only real things I think that were needed for this type of class were the following:
-An ability to help avoid PK when exploring.
-Abilities to help fighting mobs (higher defenses, and some healing)
-Good identification skills.
-Rewards for exploring (additional skills coming with new experiences)

The last was the most important in my mind.

Thank you for your feedback.

...Rome...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNew Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicable n... [View all] , rome, Thu 16-Oct-03 06:56 AM
Reply RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicab..., Valguarnera, 16-Oct-03 12:30 PM, #6
Reply RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicab..., rome, 16-Oct-03 01:01 PM, #7
Reply RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicab..., Zulghinlour, 16-Oct-03 10:53 AM, #2
Reply RE: New Guild Idea - Adventurers (or any other applicab..., rome, 16-Oct-03 11:28 AM #3
Reply regarding the escape spell/skill, incognito, 16-Oct-03 11:35 AM, #4
Reply Zulgh since you're feeling spunky., Krivohan, 16-Oct-03 12:02 PM, #5
Reply I think the class idea is good, if not the skills, Stunna, 20-Oct-03 12:14 PM, #8
     Reply I don't see that happening (n/t), Zulghinlour, 20-Oct-03 12:17 PM, #9
Reply Don't like it, and here's why:, RealShea, 16-Oct-03 09:38 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2646 Previous topic | Next topic