Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2604
Show all folders

Evil Genius (inactive user)Wed 15-Oct-03 04:45 AM
Charter member

>A) I don't buy Nepenthe's argument on everything. He also
>said the only spell that factors level is PWK meanwhile the
>entire save system is based on level.

While i don't buy everything the wee guy says, that's blatant misrepresentation:
5) Saving throws. This is the big one, mattering for some spells, communes, and songs. Still, this is far from insurmountable and I'd be willing to bet it doesn't make as big a difference as you'd think.

6) PWK. Level matters quite a bit, but this is one spell. On the other hand, it is (almost) never easier to land a killing power word than it is to land sleep.

>B) If I hit you twice with a sword and you're taking MASSACRES
>and you hit me four times for injures I'm still winning the
>fight, quoteth a paladin.

Swords are easy to parry, and i fail to comprehend why you think that using a weapon that the paladin knows equally well to you will win you the fight in straight up damage doing.

If the damage difference is MASSACRES to injures i'd be bailing, he's obviously resisted up the wazoo, i'm evil or he's geared to his toes for his level

>I'll add this :
>
>- If you're failing dirt kick constantly, its not because you
>have it at 90 instead of 100. You will never fail dirt kick
>ten times in a row if you use dirt kick ever, your point is
>still moot because you're assuming that having 10% less in a
>skill causes you to constantly fail when in reality thats
>something you are making up in your head.

No, my point is that dirt kick is fickle as hell at the best of times (and appears dex related) and would miss all the time, the improved skill gives you a higher chance of it landing than you otherwise would. (of course in most situations if you stick around for 10 attempts you're nailed)

Of course i also still remember fighting D_X's arial warrior in the Galadon bar @rank 20'ish. I'd perfected everything, he'd perfected nothing but all his skills worked straight off the bat and nailed me while mine all failed miserably.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicaddendum. to the perfection thread. [View all] , ig88, Mon 13-Oct-03 04:19 AM
Reply RE: addendum. to the perfection thread., Isildur, 13-Oct-03 09:26 AM, #2
Reply the way I look at it is this, incognito, 13-Oct-03 06:36 AM, #1
     Reply Ding! We have a winner!, Narissa, 13-Oct-03 09:35 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Ding! We have a winner!, Isildur, 13-Oct-03 10:28 PM, #4
               Reply Exactly., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 14-Oct-03 05:26 AM, #5
               Reply RE: Exactly., Boldereth, 14-Oct-03 05:56 AM, #7
                    Reply I fail to comprehend this "either/or" attitude...., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 14-Oct-03 10:05 AM, #8
                         Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, Boldereth, 14-Oct-03 10:19 AM, #9
                         Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 14-Oct-03 10:20 AM, #10
                              Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, Boldereth, 15-Oct-03 01:30 AM, #12
                                   Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 15-Oct-03 04:45 AM #13
                         Reply I disagree with some of this, incognito, 14-Oct-03 12:28 PM, #11
                         Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, nepenthe, 15-Oct-03 07:34 AM, #14
                              Reply Hmm, Nightgaunt_, 15-Oct-03 08:20 AM, #15
                              Reply RE: I fail to comprehend this, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 15-Oct-03 08:28 AM, #16
               Reply RE: Ding! We have a winner!, Boldereth, 14-Oct-03 05:51 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2604 Previous topic | Next topic