Subject: "Ranger Bears" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #24927
Show all folders

laxmanWed 27-May-09 09:52 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#24927, "Ranger Bears"

This is mostly a call to the immortals to ask them what they feel the role of the bear should play in the arsenal of the beastmaster ranger. I have played two beastmasters and with both of them I stretched to figure out ways in which I could make use of this skill and to be honest after a lot of trial and error I really couldn't find a time where they made a contribution.

The downsides are obvious to the bear, if it dies you eat some con loss and on top of that the bears themselves are just not that sturdy. Top that off with the fact that they really don't deal much in the way of damage nor do anything other then camo with you. The few times I found them to be of marginal use was to maybe get an extra little hit on someone off an ambush.

I personally feel that bears could use a little sprucing up so a few quick ideas I had about them. They could occasionally danger sense for you, when enemies come near they could possibly start sniffing at the air. They could track for you, when you hit a crossroads after fighting someone maybe have them auto point in the right direction. when you make a spring perhaps they can forage for food for you. perhaps they can occasionally rake or bearcharge in combat. or perhaps they can do some sort of roar or growl in combat that works like the shifter versions. Basically I am asking for a little more utility from these furry fellows because as it stands they seem to high a level for their nicheness, unless there is something about them to which I am still ignorant.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #24927 Previous topic | Next topic