Subject: "Invoker spells" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #228
Show all folders

The HereticWed 20-Mar-02 01:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#228, "Invoker spells"

Wouldnt it be nice if invokers actually had too many spells to master them all. Well, here are a few more possibilities...

Water to ice spells:

'entomb in ice'
After mastering engulf and frostshield, invokers learn to freeze the water as they cast it upon someone. The spells does not seems to hurt, but will quickly freeze the victims legs to blocks of ice. If cast continually, the victim will be entombed in a block of ice.

'icewall' <direction>
Once entomb in ice has been mastered, invokers learn to cast this spell without a target. It can be used to create a wall of ice blocking a direction. An adventurer encountering this wall can 'hit' the wall to chip away at it.

More wind spells:
'tornado'
Cyclone on roids. Known for tossing entire groups in every direction. Mastery of windshield necessary.

'howling wind'
Similar to whispering wind. Can only be done when the invoker is in the same area. Has a temporary affect on the victim's hearing. They will only hear yells of people right next to them. It does not affect casting or singing.

---

water, air, ooze spell

'bubble'
Creates a bubble or air surrounding a target. Will allow some races to travel underwater that can't usually do this. Ooze is the focus, creating a solid barrier between the air and water. Air, ooze and water shield are required.

air + water
'fog'
Spreads like the other cloud spells. Does nothing more than cut visibility down, making scanning impossible.

ooze + fire
napalm (bad name, i know, better than 'greek fire')
'napalm' target
Casts a blob of flaming liquid upon a foe. Victim will take damage until the fire burns itself out. Grease and controlled fireball necessary.

I had some others, but I decided they were gay. (Yes, gayer than these.) I couldnt come up with any good magma spells. Eruption, lavapit, flaming boulder...meteor storm, they all seem silly.

A radiance or vacuum path seems feasible. But, the obviuos radiance spells (flash, sunray) are taken.

'halo of brilliance'
Morale sapping aura of brightness. Really messes with the underdark races. Its all I got.

Point of all of this is like I said at the top. Even with 7 paths, something tells me most invokers will master them all. I say we give them a few more and make mastery of all impossible. I think 10 paths will make each invoker unique and make totally mastery a thing that only nutcases pursue.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #228 Previous topic | Next topic