Subject: "I can weigh in on this one." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21873
Show all folders

StunnaTue 29-Jul-08 10:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21877, "I can weigh in on this one."

Couple things... having played my share of duergar/dwarf, human and giant pole specs I can tell you that a duergar doesn't get a whole ton of mileage out of polearm. A lot of your skills are size based, so duergars don't do them well. It still has it's uses, particularly entrap and cutoff (and the occasional chargeset) but overall you'll get more out of other specs w/o something in your package that plays off of what the duerg pole spec is good at. (IE, my dagger/avalanche/cutoff build)

Having also had trapping on a pole spec I'll tell you that your heavy polearm choices are *somewhat* limited. The only two -really- good ones are going to be difficult to get solo, and the two that are juuust heavy enough to make trapping fire are not exactly easy to get. Not insurmountable, by any means, but it just seemed like between disarm, weaponbreak etc. I never held on to my prize polearms long.

In general I am unimpressed with trapping. "Back when" it was a great legacy choice, now I can't think of many scenarios where I'd take it over some others. Even less so on a duergar, even if you do take fist of the titan.

Now, I think if you did exactly what you are talking about but went fire giant, and dropped fist in favor of something else... (Maybe Fires!)It's a viable build. As a duergar though... eh... I think your in for a dissapointment.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicYour thoughts [View all] , Xalech, Tue 29-Jul-08 08:13 AM
Reply I can weigh in on this one., Stunna, 29-Jul-08 10:23 AM #4
Reply RE: Your thoughts, Isildur, 29-Jul-08 09:37 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Your thoughts, Xalech, 29-Jul-08 09:47 AM, #2
          Reply RE: Your thoughts, Daevryn, 29-Jul-08 10:15 AM, #3
               Reply RE: Your thoughts, Xalech, 29-Jul-08 11:06 AM, #5
                    Reply RE: Your thoughts, Daevryn, 29-Jul-08 12:31 PM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #21873 Previous topic | Next topic