Subject: "Makin 'em beg for mercy - other idea, Zulg shoot me down ;)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #215
Show all folders

Vulpis (Guest)Wed 20-Mar-02 06:27 PM

#217, "Makin 'em beg for mercy - other idea, Zulg shoot me down ;)"

***(ideas for new RP opportunities)
I would more like the similar idea (and much less abuseable) of:

Have a new auto in the auto list... (of autoloot ect...)
Autokill on/off (default on)
With autokill off, At the end of the PK, if the last hit was not overkill by a certian amount, leave the victim incapacitated.

(at a point just above the current unable to say anything - I dissagree with this but thats another story)

At this point, only enableing speach(no yells), and wear/remove/give/drop, the victim may make death bed speaches, beg for mercy, the attacker may give an ultimatium, ect, for a full game hour, then put them at 1 HP. Or, the attacker may dispatch them by attacking again.

I know that may not be incredibly realistic (from a RL view), but imagine the RP of it...

Paladins standing over the defeated foe, either demanding a turn from the dark ways of the victim, or saying a prayer before dispatching them, hoping for an ending of their ways.

Theives (non evil) demanding a certian item, saying no offence bud, just need to feed my family, ect....

Anti-Paladins and the like, demanding that the victim curse / blashpheme thier gods, Or just plain gloat.

Also giving the victim a chance to roleplay more....

"Never! Never will I give up my fight! I will kill gnomes for Floofi till my last breath on Thera!!! End me now you who are unclean in Floofi's eyes!"

"PLEASE!! Anything I will do anything! here, take this and this, and I will tell you the secrets of the Floofi cult!!! just don't kill me!"

And possibly also enable suicide, a bleeding man can only take so much abuse...

This would SO much enhance roleplay, encourage talking between opposing sides, enable conversations that would never otherwise happen.

Adding a bit more dynamic conversation to a PK situation where normally we don't have enough time to do so would be wonderful. Even the all PK types would love it, and bring them more into the fold of RP.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAccost (Skill idea enclosed) Immortal response would be... [View all] , Solomon (Guest), Wed 20-Mar-02 04:51 AM
Reply Just to drop another couple of pennies in the pot., Cassman, 21-Mar-02 05:47 PM, #9
Reply Makin 'em beg for mercy - other idea, Zulg shoot me dow..., Vulpis (Guest), 20-Mar-02 06:27 PM #3
Reply Solomon: Post removed:, Valguarnera, 21-Mar-02 01:22 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, Solomon (Guest), 21-Mar-02 03:05 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, ArChaos, 21-Mar-02 03:27 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Solomon: Post removed:, ArChaos, 21-Mar-02 03:23 AM, #6
     Reply clarifcation, and groveling, Vulpis (Guest), 21-Mar-02 04:37 PM, #8
     Reply RE: clarifcation, and groveling, Valguarnera, 21-Mar-02 06:01 PM, #10
          Reply Just looking to implement some over the top drama n/t, Vulpis (Guest), 21-Mar-02 07:24 PM, #11
     Reply Like ooze?, (NOT Pro), 23-Mar-02 08:07 AM, #12
Reply Re: Immortal response would be sweet!, Zulghinlour, 20-Mar-02 02:09 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Re: Immortal response would be sweet!, Solomon (Guest), 20-Mar-02 03:20 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #215 Previous topic | Next topic