Subject: "An Idea I call "The Clan Wars"" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #206
Show all folders

Malcore (Guest)Tue 19-Mar-02 09:50 PM

#206, "An Idea I call "The Clan Wars""

I think it would be fun to have two cabals at war (more of what the battle and masters used to be), without the heavy restrictions on class, race, alignment or ethos. So my idea goes as follows; have two clans and only ONE item of power for the two. Make a roleplaying reason for the cabals to be at war, for example: Long ago the death of an immortal god left an item of power (or whatever you would like to call it). Two people took the item of power and swore to act as guardians of the item of power. Soon they learned that the item brought them power. Over the passing of the ages the clan grew larger and larger from inconspicious to a proment power. Within the clan unrest grew for there was a difference of oppion as to how the item of power should be used. One group sought to use the item for evil purposes the other sought to use the item for good (doesn't have to be good vs. evil but I'm just using that as an example). Eventually two leaders arose within the clan. A milestone event occurred (create reason here), spliting the clan into two for good. The clans both sought to keep the item of power for their own, fought against each other eventually becoming mortal enemies. blah blah blah (fill in the rest of the story here).

In order to keep these two clans from going wild and gangbanging innocent non-cabal people, have some rules that will regulate their interactions with other people and cabals. Example, have a rule that says, attacking people not from other the clan is frowned upon but not completely outlawed (don't want to end up like rager's anit-gangbang rules or masters no attack unless attacked rule). If someone consistently attacks a non-clan members it can lead to expulsion which is left up to descrion of the mortal leaders (or immortal). Or have rules that will only allow them only fight each other. I believe that this idea will bring back the pk intensity and fun of what the battle/masters cabals use to have. To keep the clans focused on each other and not other cabals make sure that other cabals cannot hold the clans item of power and they cannot hold other cabal items (even if they wanted to).

Well that's my idea, what do you people think? Is it possible to see an idea like this in effect in the future?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #206 Previous topic | Next topic