Subject: "RE: Don't like it." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1991
Show all folders

QuisletSat 16-Aug-03 05:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1996, "RE: Don't like it."

Apparently you missed the point of the limitations that were previously stated. If you can't put limited gear in storage, plus can't put anything in that's over half your current level, what's a hero going to hoard in the bank storage? At best some half decent armor and a weapon that any non-naked hero could easily get. Re-gearing is often a two or more stage process, getting a few low grade odds and ends to work your way into a better set of equipment from there. Do you expect someone to go naked and take a high quality weapon right away? It's not easy.

As for going and fighting naked because you know you won't lose anything, the only things you could avoid losing is easily gotten most of the time anyway. So why would you ever bother storing it and fighting without it?

Other than skipping the starting stage of re-gearing, as I believe I once said a while back, the only other real use for a storage system as proposed is to hide away keepsakes. Little low level items that for some reason signify a meaningful event or person, and are essentially trash to anyone else. Without a system like this one, I don't bother with keepsakes of any kind any more, since they always vanish away to PKs eventually. It would be nice to be able to reasonably have them again, not that anyone but me ever really cared about that sort of thing.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicSafe deposit box in bank. [View all] , ehefala, Sat 16-Aug-03 04:08 AM
Reply RE: Safe deposit box in bank., nepenthe, 18-Aug-03 10:41 AM, #6
Reply RE: Safe deposit box in bank., ehefala, 19-Aug-03 03:57 AM, #8
     Reply Try bank and items. nt, Vladamir, 24-Aug-03 06:26 PM, #9
Reply RE: Safe deposit box in bank., Isildur, 16-Aug-03 10:14 PM, #4
Reply RE: Safe deposit box in bank., Ululari, 16-Aug-03 11:13 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Safe deposit box in bank., Isildur, 18-Aug-03 10:51 AM, #7
Reply Don't like it., DwE, 16-Aug-03 12:31 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Don't like it., Sailatinu, 16-Aug-03 02:04 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Don't like it., Quislet, 16-Aug-03 05:41 PM #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1991 Previous topic | Next topic