Subject: "Ponderings..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #187
Show all folders

UglyheadSat 16-Mar-02 08:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#187, "Ponderings..."

A few things I've been thinking about...

1. Rangers and Druids, being quite accustomed to nature and wilderness and crunk like that... well... it makes a bit of sense that they would be capable of quitting out in certain wilderness areas. the ones at a certain level, at least. or are they already capable of that, and I'm not aware of it?

2. From what I've read, it seems that invokers are capable of owning just about everything and everyone else ? is this true ? I used to play invokers years ago... I often died. But, maybe that was just because I was a silly, overcofident newbie who hardly even knew how to get things off of the floor.

3. Do you think some kind of non-lethal form of PKing is a possibility ? I mean, some kind of arena perhaps, where all that is at risk is your money, not your life, gear, and constitution. a spot where Newbies will have a chance at seeing what the harsh world of PK'ing will have in store for them. Or do they already have something like this in....?

4. Why does it seem that some kinds of food make you non-hungry for longer than others ? Tomatoes, for example, I don't think that those things fend off starvation at all... whereas a loaf of bread'll keep you going very well... And why do you get hungry so often ?

5. Um... necromancers, if given enough time, are capable of raising an army of undead to do their bidding, correct ? if yes, Ah good, that's the way necromancers SHOULD be... I've played other games where even hero level necromancers can only have one... or was it two... undead servants. if the answer is no, then, Oh poo...

6. From what I've seen... it appears that thieves are the poor man's assasin, is this true ? I mean, what do they get... hide ? yeah, and piles of other classes are capable of concealing themselves, some even do a better job than thieves. Trip and cheap shot ? yeah, actually that doesen't sound too bad... Now, y'know what'd help the thieve's situation a bit ? A little thing that was in another MUD I played, it was called 'Envenom' it let thieves coat sharp weapons with some poison. What ? you say assasin's already have a similar skill ? oh... why not give thieves that, then ?

7. Ah... yes... now that I think about poison, I find myself thinking about another health-draining condition... but the one I'm thinking about doesen't seem to exist at the moment.

>affect

you are affected by:
The spell 'Armor'
The (skill? spell? condition?) 'Bleeding'

to put it simply, people who get hit by too many sharp things oughta start suffering hp loss due to blood loss... but they don't.

Your wounds slowly ooze blood.
Your bleeding injures you.

Of course, so it won't replace poison, why not just have it last for a short time...?

8. Uh... that's about it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPonderings... [View all] , Uglyhead, Sat 16-Mar-02 08:57 PM
Reply RE: Ponderings..., Isildur, 16-Mar-02 11:29 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Ponderings..., Boy Scout (Guest), 17-Mar-02 09:26 AM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #187 Previous topic | Next topic