Subject: "Shifting Forms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #181
Show all folders

Jepesti (Guest)Fri 15-Mar-02 09:54 AM

#181, "Shifting Forms"

I understand that the getting of new forms is random. I agree with that. But, perhaps, there is a way to make it so that what you get at lower levels determines what you get as your major forms. I know that some people like to wait until they get their first major before picking their minor. To me, that just seems lame. For rp purposes, you should have spent years learning in a form before you get a new one. To get two or three once you decide your minor defeats the purpose and the roleplay. The other thing is, is there a way to combine both foci that would help determine your major? I am not saying that we would have any choice in the matter, but, for instance, I started with the deer, advanced to camel, advanced to spider, then received the lynx. The last form that would make any sense based upon utility and what my previous forms capabilites are would be the wildcat. But, that is what I got. If I didn't have the lynx and spider, the wildcat would be a welcome change. Instead, I am yawning with a wildcat that is a lynx who can run (near useless with the spider form), camo (useless because I can do it with the spider), and hits a little harder. I am by no means saying that the wildcat is a bad form. Just that based upon what my other forms can do, it is near useless to this character.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #181 Previous topic | Next topic