Subject: "RE: Edges for the Hopeless" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17838
Show all folders

ElerosseFri 18-May-07 02:04 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17844, "RE: Edges for the Hopeless"

While it might be neat if there were edges that became available for particular poor performance, such as a 85% pk loss rate, I don't think edges should just be handed out if they were not earned. That is earned in the normal fashion of earning edge points, Imm exp, commerce exp, observation exp, etc. Edges to my understanding were designed as small rewards for producing good characters not something every character should expect if they are not doing the necessary steps to earn them. And to this end I think you are right that the top end of the game recieves the lion share of edges/edge points as they are the ones earning them.

New characters do have one advantage in that they most likely need to look at more things as they are exploring areas for the first time and still learning the layout of the land. For myself it is hard to earn observation exp from a place such as Akan/Castle Akan that I've been through upteen times but someone new should earn a good amount just walking through and looking around the first time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicEdges for the Hopeless [View all] , WildGirl, Thu 17-May-07 03:02 PM
Reply RE: Edges for the Hopeless, Elerosse, 18-May-07 02:04 PM #3
Reply Free edge points., Dallevian, 17-May-07 03:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Free edge points., Not An Imm, 17-May-07 04:06 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17838 Previous topic | Next topic