Subject: "Hrmm." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1691
Show all folders

ZepachuFri 18-Jul-03 05:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1692, "Hrmm."
Edited on Fri 18-Jul-03 05:09 PM

While I do agree that the lines that describe the act should be slightly changed, I don't think the damage should necessarily be raised.

Hell, with the way the damage is, it's merely slap on the wrist. For the most part you could get rid of the "A zombie of the dangerous horseman's burning hands scratches him." line and it would still be accurate, less spam, and descriptive.

I think the few hp penalty that is incurred from vulnerabilities such as your example is "good enough" to make a point, but not dangerous enough to actually do any lasting damage. To put it another way... If the zombie were to hold onto the silver hammer for a few seconds, it would get hurt significantly... but it is immediately dropping the item, much akin to a person putting their hand by/into flame. If you were to stick your hand into the flame, you'd get pretty burned. If you go close enough your reflexes, or in CF-terms your fire_vuln, causes you to pull away maybe getting slightly burned to teach a mental lesson.

I don't think the damage needs to be upped at all, though perhaps the wording cleaned up. Cosmetic changes are pretty low priority however.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRequest: up the damage on metal burns [View all] , Avilion, Fri 18-Jul-03 04:58 PM
Reply RE: Request: up the damage on metal burns, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 18-Jul-03 08:34 PM, #3
Reply Don't be stupid., Avilion, 18-Jul-03 05:34 PM, #4
     Reply he's thinking of stuff like, incognito, 18-Jul-03 06:23 PM, #5
Reply would be far too abusable, incognito, 18-Jul-03 05:29 PM, #2
Reply Hrmm., Zepachu, 18-Jul-03 05:09 PM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1691 Previous topic | Next topic