Subject: "Seriously," Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1657
Show all folders

BullseyeThu 17-Jul-03 11:21 AM
Member since 13th Apr 2003
23 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1661, "Seriously,"

This topic seems to come up every now and then in various forms, but truly Orcs are in no need for further revamps or upgrades in my opinion. (As opposed to a certain specific other class out there, but that is another discussion entirely.) Orcs on the other hand just require a specific playingstyle in which you need to accept the 50% wimpy value for what it is, and find tactical solutions for it within the Orcish utility-based skillset itself. If you look for these solutions, you will find them sooner or later. In the meantime just don't ever make the mistake of playing Orcs like Warriors with awesome physical stats + a permanent high wimpy value, because it simply won't work. And even if it does (through mad prep usage for example), in a certain sense it's not supposed to because you're bypassing the very designs of the Orc race/class this way. If more players start realising this, Orcs are also sure to be chosen as the next character on a more regular bases already.

Orcs and a system of various classes don't mix because Orcs are... well, Orcs. That's your reason why not right there, the way I see it. It's part of what makes them so unique and interesting in their own right.

As for your claim that some of their allegded limitations cannot be overcome in any way - I'm having a very hard time to believe that. There is only one thing that should be changed about Orcs from what I've seen, and that is that the lag on the Exsanguinate skill should either be considerably lowered, the amount of damage healed per drink boosted up, or the amount of available drinks per elf bloodskin increased to six or perhaps even eight, instead of the current four. Either of these three options would do fine already, I think.

Or perhaps even go as far as to make the bloodskins created from the corpse of a PK'ed PC elf heal the Orc far more than a regular elf bloodskin, as an added bonus to a roleplaying duty fullfilled. ...but I suppose now I'm starting to come down with the same suggestion-making-microbe that got Jaynus.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAnother Orc suggestion! [View all] , jaynus, Thu 17-Jul-03 04:03 AM
Reply Seriously,, Bullseye, 17-Jul-03 11:21 AM #2
Reply RE: Another Orc suggestion!, Scarabaeus, 17-Jul-03 08:56 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Another Orc suggestion!, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 17-Jul-03 11:31 AM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1657 Previous topic | Next topic