Subject: "RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14501
Show all folders

KarelSat 23-Sep-06 03:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14507, "RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins"

Not that I disagree with limiting them in outlanders, but I can't really agree with the reasoning. Hide might be civilized oriented for a city thief, but I could make an argument for any of them just being a highwayman, which I would hardly consider civilized as applies to the definition in use by outlanders now. On the other hand, I could easily make an argument for any class except ranger or druids, maybe healers and druids too, being somewhat civilized-orientated in some skills. You don't learn advanced swordplay from the guy hiding out behind a tree. The shared ones I'd say are even worse. Haggling? Definitely civilized. Pen? Hell yeah. Even bartering in itself is, it was just a precursor to monetary systems. Hell, outlander itself seems to have at least some civilization however it's glossed over. It is a group, not an animal pack whatever the RP put to it by some, with actual leadership rather than an alpha leader. They have advanced learning. A specific base of operations even. Now they might be naturalists, I could buy that. That doesn't have anything to do with civilization though, only certain trapping associated with it, not dependant upon it. I think outlander works better when you think in broad strokes rather than looking too closely at specifics, like a skill being too civilized. Again, not that I disagree with limiting hide, I think that might be a slight balancing issue. It's just the reason presented I don't find all that kosher. Better to say they spend so much time learning to cover themselves with leaves they don't have the focus for shadows anymore. Or the ancients just downright don't approve of hiding behind a building or signpost. Anywho.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOutlander Thieves/Assassins [View all] , WildGirl, Fri 22-Sep-06 06:47 PM
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, Valguarnera, 22-Sep-06 10:22 PM, #4
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, Karel, 23-Sep-06 03:16 AM #5
Reply Just my 2cents, Rogue, 22-Sep-06 07:21 PM, #2
Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, dalneko, 22-Sep-06 06:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Outlander Thieves/Assassins, WildGirl, 22-Sep-06 08:12 PM, #3
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #14501 Previous topic | Next topic