Subject: "RE: I don't see level sitting as a real problem either." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1329
Show all folders

nepentheSun 15-Jun-03 05:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1335, "RE: I don't see level sitting as a real problem either."

I chose to respond here because I wanted to hit this one specific point, but I'm commenting on the whole thread to this point as much as anything further down.

>I would move the legacies to 45 and 51 just to give a
>heroing incentive.

On the other hand, what was the last time you can remember a warrior intentionally sitting at 44 or 48 to "exploit" their legacy? I sure can't think of any.

In my perfect world, there'd probably be some class-ability-based incentive for a character of any class to enter the hero range, i.e. 42+. After that, not being nine levels down from that invoker that keeps whipping you (or whatever) is really enough incentive to keep moving to make me happy.

In general I don't see level sitting as a problem, and I'm happy with the way distention has things set up. You can't sit and kill at a given level forever, but neither does the game have to be a mad race to hero every time. I love the fact that PK is a real limitation and hazard to levelling a character on CF, and characters that are not rushing to level tend to be a big part of that equation. If you remove the element of PK, ranking a character up seems horrifically boring to me, in most cases -- a few very interesting or dangerous areas being the exception. Levelling in the Emerald Forest, having to watch your back, knowing that at any time someone could come jump you at an inopportune time? Now that's interesting.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMaybe to avoid level sitting... [View all] , Beer, Sat 14-Jun-03 09:11 PM
Reply RE: Maybe to avoid level sitting..., Zepachu, 14-Jun-03 09:34 PM, #1
     Reply I don't see level sitting as a real problem either., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 15-Jun-03 04:17 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I don't see level sitting as a real problem either., incognito, 15-Jun-03 04:20 PM, #3
          Reply RE: I don't see level sitting as a real problem either., nepenthe, 15-Jun-03 05:03 PM #4
          Reply Good points, bruthas., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 16-Jun-03 08:13 AM, #5
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1329 Previous topic | Next topic