Subject: "Why battle powers are unfair" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13193
Show all folders

PhaistusFri 19-May-06 03:42 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2003
186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13193, "Why battle powers are unfair"

It's not because deathblow is overpowered.
It's not because resist is overpowered.
It's not because spellbane is overpowered.
I could go on an on but I'll stop there.

It's because they aren't paying a heavy enough price for those rager powers. And they aren't paying a heavy enough price because of...you guessed it.....geography? Huh?

As it stands right now, a villager has a light risk when raiding scion or empire. Both cabals are just down the road from the village. Any villager worth their salt should be able to run from the Citadel/Chasm with the Codex/Scepter...while blind. They don't need to run through any wilderness to cut down on their movement and if they are a hiding class, they can run virtually undetected from cabal to cabal. Where is the challenge in that? They give up the survivabilty of potions for that? Huh. Big deal. I realize that a villager's life will take them all over Thera but the reality of pk situations means that a villager's PK life will take them no further than 100~ rooms from the village.

That is NOT challenging without potions.

What I'm proposing is this.

1. Leave the village where it is. It would be fair for them to be centralized in the game because of their inability to move about magically.

2. Move Scion across the Aryth Ocean. Perhaps South of Seantryn.

Doing this will create these possitive changes.

1. It will make the southern continent a more populated area of the game.

2. It will create more sea traffic which will in turn create more water shifters. Not only to attack ragers with but for good shifters to attack scions with.

3. It will make Seantryn Modan a more fun place to be a tribunal.

4. It will make Villagers die more. In my mind the epitomy of a well played rager is short lasting bright burning flame. Lots of kills and lots of deaths.

5. It will make defenders more valuable in the village. As it stands right now, I can plague a villager at Scion and still have him easily get back to the destructor without running out of movement.

I'm sure I can think of a lot more reasons but that is enough for now.
What do you think?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWhy battle powers are unfair [View all] , Phaistus, Fri 19-May-06 03:42 PM
Reply We already had, Dwoggurd, 20-May-06 05:09 AM, #10
Reply echo nepenthe and..., Terwin05, 19-May-06 07:16 PM, #3
Reply Except Outlander, Trouble, 19-May-06 10:47 PM, #8
Reply Having been on the rager side..., silencedstatik, 20-May-06 12:52 AM, #9
Reply Some good points, Lightmage, 19-May-06 06:30 PM, #2
Reply RE: Why battle powers are unfair, nepenthe, 19-May-06 05:32 PM, #1
     Reply Okay then, pretend that my post..., Phaistus, 19-May-06 07:18 PM, #4
     Reply 4., Terwin05, 19-May-06 07:23 PM, #5
     Reply Perhaps you are right, Phaistus, 19-May-06 08:27 PM, #6
     Reply All valid points and would be welcome change. n/t, Lightmage, 19-May-06 09:47 PM, #7
     Reply Making battle fairer., Abernyte, 26-May-06 06:03 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Making battle fairer., Igsoeh, 26-May-06 01:07 PM, #12
               Reply Are you saying only ragers get ganged sub-35????, Aodh, 26-May-06 02:27 PM, #13
                    Reply While I mostly agree, Theerkla, 26-May-06 02:57 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Are you saying only ragers get ganged sub-35????, Igsoeh, 26-May-06 04:49 PM, #15
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13193 Previous topic | Next topic