Subject: "Immortal Faith Points" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #1312
Show all folders

ZepachuSat 14-Jun-03 04:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1312, "Immortal Faith Points"
Edited on Sat 14-Jun-03 04:22 AM

Yet another idea from your neighborhood Zepachu.

This idea is specifically designed FOR the Immortals themselves. Go with me on this.

The proposal is that each and every Immortal has a store of 'Faith Points'. They will normally regenerate X amount per *whatever time unit* ... and as people actively worship them (i.e. shrine, donate, sacrifice, blah.) they will be given more Faith Points.

But what's the point, Zep?

Well. I figure it may add a nice little aspect to your Immortal playground, or maybe it is just because it is 5am. This may add somewhat of a playing factor into the Immortal grounds, instead of the complete switch from mortal-play to Immortal-work-work-work-life.

*sigh* WHAT would these Faith Points actually DO?!

Certain actions would cost 'faith points'... Smiting, Transferring, Whatevering. You decide. This would essentially cause the Immortals to perhaps appreciate their followers more. I am IN NO WAY saying that the Immortals need a system coded to ENFORCE that, what I am saying though is that an Immortal would not be able to simply run around and do ANYTHING they wanted. By being actively worshipped they would gain ACTUAL power... if not worshipped, they may have hardly any power, and maybe eventually be overthrown in some way... or at the very least be unable to show much strength.

This may open up some avenues as well... an angry Immortal swooping down on an empowered follower whom doesnt visit the shrine, or sacrifice in his/her name, basically pissed off because it's just a drain.

Oh, maybe each time an Immortal empowered someone it would cost faith points, and maybe would slow their regeneration of these faith points... so they would be discouraged from empowering a lot of people because it would spread them out thin, but if they had a lot of worshippers they could handle it, and thereby grow their religion in an actual sense.

This could open up the arena of players actually feeling they have a say in the future of their God. Yes, you're gods. Yes, you're all powerful... But, even Gods need worship, no? In some way, maybe it would be better if they did, if the current view is that they don't.

This would add an INVISIBLE (to the players) aspects in Asgaard. Perhaps this would even make physical wars between Immortals possible, without needing to be faked through gecho's or scripted prior, or something. It would actually add some strategy.

The max amount of Faith points you can have is up to you, perhaps based on level... the amount you normally regenerate without any worship, up to you... how much things cost, a person's worship restores, still... up to you. Just the basis of an idea that may get killed but hey, one bad idea may lead to an insight to something else... ALL Ideas should be shared, no matter how stupid. Right?

Well, now that I type this, it pretty much seems like a useless and stupid idea. But I'm a strong believer in speaking one's mind. *shrug*

Zepachu.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicImmortal Faith Points [View all] , Zepachu, Sat 14-Jun-03 04:21 AM
Reply RE: Immortal Faith Points, DemonLlama, 16-Jun-03 03:06 PM, #9
Reply Cool, Zepachu, 16-Jun-03 08:27 PM, #10
Reply Psst., Valguarnera, 14-Jun-03 02:11 PM, #5
Reply RE: Psst., Zepachu, 14-Jun-03 02:43 PM, #6
Reply I snicker because I care..., shokai, 14-Jun-03 01:14 PM, #4
Reply Well now, wouldja look at that., Zepachu, 14-Jun-03 02:46 PM, #7
Reply Uh..., Ululari, 14-Jun-03 12:45 PM, #3
Reply *gong noise*, Zepachu, 14-Jun-03 02:47 PM, #8
Reply RE: Immortal Faith Points, Isildur, 14-Jun-03 11:43 AM, #1